What is the oldest game you still play?

SuperTon

Steam again - once again they throw up serious bargains. Age of Mythology and Rise of Nations at half price grabbed my attention and cash. Sure, it's nice to have upgraded visuals and the extras, but the main attraction is - MULTI PLAYER IS BACK!

(Also picked up Borderlands GOTY edition for a cover last week - nothing more fun than going out to frag a skag)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steam again - once again they throw up serious bargains. Age of Mythology and Rise of Nations at half price grabbed my attention and cash. Sure, it's nice to have upgraded visuals and the extras, but the main attraction is - MULTI PLAYER IS BACK!

(Also picked up Borderlands GOTY edition for a fiver last week - nothing more fun than going out to frag a skag)

Sunset Riders on the Snes, amazing arcade side scroller, immense fun. just out of interest, does anybody here remember a MegaDrive game called Gunstar Hereos, again a side scroller where you could pick up your pal in 2player mode and throw them at enemies? Nobody ive asked minds it.

Pro Evo 4.

I got 6 but discovered that you couldn't edit the teams I wanted to edit. Never bought another football game since, except the Street ones.

Edit - I could also claim that it's "Yar's Revenge" for the Atari, which is on a PS2 compilation. Loved that game when it was a mere cartridge in the 1980s.

Lma manager 2005, classic!

I prefer 2007 version owning to the game being played out by wee players so you can see how to change tactics and always on the hardest level.

I play Doom now and then along with the early resident evils but at the moment I'm hooked on Sim City Deluxe edition on the hard level and it's brutal after a while.

I'm building a new rig to go 4K gaming when it becomes the norm. :)

I do find most modern games all flash and no fucking game play and easily finished after a few days without taxing the old grey matter ????

I had International superstar soccer pro, commentary was terrible for many reasons, my personal hatred of the commentary was the way the commentator would be in a completely different tone of voice when he said the countries names out.

oldest game I have played recently was 3D lemmings, don't believe it got the best of ratings but I loved playing it as a child and thoroughly enjoyed reliving my childhood completing recently. Made back in 1995 in Dundee, I think? I may have just made that up of course.

I'm considering putting on Pro Evo 2 on just now.

''HE SHOOTS!!...Tell a lie, he's missed!'' :lol:

What a game.

Can still picture my greatest goal, long kick out by Shay Given, flicked on by Niall Quinn followed by three stepovers and an inch-perfect chip by Robbie Keane.

Never come close to a goal like it since. I've also got no idea how I managed it.

I had some great Master League experiences with this squad of legends. Eddington being the only Scottish player that Dryhorce hasn't tipped to be in the next squad.

20px-RussiaFlag.png Ivanov 20px-SwedenFlag.png Stromer 20px-SerbiaandMontenegroFlag.png Daric 20px-FranceFlag.png Valery 20px-RomaniaFlag.png Iorga 20px-ItalyFlag.png Cellini CAPTAIN Ximenes Espinas Miranda Castello Baroja Cecil Vorlander 20px-ScotlandFlag.png Eddington Nachtegall Harty Matt Ostwald Burchet Njord Oranges102 Kelsen Zamenhof

I always, always, played Miranda, Ximenes and Espinas while leaving out Otswald and Burchet purely based on the fact they sounded better despite performing worse. They seemed to bring a new batch of players which ruined it a bit

I'm sure Burchet was the huge c**t with blonde hair, and thats why I never played him

I had some great Master League experiences with this squad of legends. Eddington being the only Scottish player that Dryhorce hasn't tipped to be in the next squad.

20px-RussiaFlag.png Ivanov 20px-SwedenFlag.png Stromer 20px-SerbiaandMontenegroFlag.png Daric 20px-FranceFlag.png Valery 20px-RomaniaFlag.png Iorga 20px-ItalyFlag.png Cellini CAPTAIN Ximenes Espinas Miranda Castello Baroja Cecil Vorlander 20px-ScotlandFlag.png Eddington Nachtegall Harty Matt Ostwald Burchet Njord Oranges102 Kelsen Zamenhof

god what a team that was, now that brings back major brilliant memories of the best ever football gaming years

• 3 weeks later...

Sunset Riders on the Snes, amazing arcade side scroller, immense fun. just out of interest, does anybody here remember a MegaDrive game called Gunstar Hereos, again a side scroller where you could pick up your pal in 2player mode and throw them at enemies? Nobody ive asked minds it.

I remember them both. Sunset riders was the western themed one. Contra3 is still king of the scrolling shooters for me.

Archived