Scottish Independence

xbl

Indeed I am. Annoying you, is it?

Not really. You've just made a fool of yourself - again.

You are in danger of becoming the new Baxter Parp.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really. You've just made a fool of yourself - again.

You are in danger of becoming the new Baxter Parp.

You'll forgive me if I'm not overly upset at your point of view.

You'll forgive me if I'm not overly upset at your point of view.

It's completely irrelevant what your view is on the matter.

You've just wallowed in fail.

Indeed I am. Annoying you, is it?

Not particularly - it's nearly 5.30. if we could drag this out for another 30 minutes I'd be delighted.

Must say though, you have developed a wee habit of just asserting and assuming things haven;t you? Demanding proof about Salmond and Stiglitz yesterday, assuming the dates I psoted were a wind up and now you;re assuming Rennie was lying...think you might wnat to look before you leap?

I mean, this is serious bidness after all.

Ok I have to ask who the top two are.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of two that are worse than HB after he used the term "wallowed in fail".

Who was it that threatened to "school" Enrico Annoni? If that was also HB, then he's by far and away the forum's biggest shitehawk.

I'm genuinely struggling to think of two that are worse than HB after he used the term "wallowed in fail".

Who was it that threatened to "school" Enrico Annoni? If that was also HB, then he's by far and away the forum's biggest shitehawk.

Also H_B.

We're still waiting for evidence of the first schooling, never mind the second one he's apparently going to dish out any day now.

Stiglitz specifically targeted the UK and US for having already gone too far in corporation tax reductions, describing their effects as regressive and of negligible utility, creating a race to the bottom. I would find it astonishing if he then also said that he considered a proposal for an independent Scotland to cut even further below that not to conform to the same assessment.

One must ask, if Salmond considers Stiglitz' views on matters economic to be so worthy of note, whether he has asked Stiglitz for a view on corporation tax policy, if so what he was told, and if not why he decided not to if not because it would inevitably lead to something he didn't want to hear.

So he targeted a country that does not have the lowest corporation tax in Europe to make this point. What about the impact on smaller economies, Ireland for example? I believe that the reason he specifically picked these economies was a result of their size.

And for a practical example of just why this policy increases inequality :-

The Conservative government and special interest groups claim incessantly that cutting corporate income taxes is good for the economy and for individual Canadians. We have been led to believe that tax giveaways to corporations would lead companies to reinvest in research and development as well as machinery and staff training to boost productivity. This is supposed to stimulate economic growth and create better paying and more secure jobs. But that is not what has happened in Canada during the past decade.

The years of tax giveaways have, indeed, been good for business. Their after tax profit margins rose from 6.9 per cent in 2000 to 8.1 per cent in 2012, and now we know what they have been doing with the money. Between 2000 and 2012, the total cash reserves of private, non-financial private corporations in Canada grew from $182 to $541 billion, an increase of over 300 per cent. During the same period, CEO pay went sky-high. The average CEO compensation at Canada's largest non-financial corporations averaged $7.96 million in 2012.

And what happend to Canadian unemployment and real earnings during this time????? Mis-leading posts as usual.

Not particularly - it's nearly 5.30. if we could drag this out for another 30 minutes I'd be delighted.

Must say though, you have developed a wee habit of just asserting and assuming things haven;t you? Demanding proof about Salmond and Stiglitz yesterday, assuming the dates I psoted were a wind up and now you;re assuming Rennie was lying...think you might wnat to look before you leap?

I mean, this is serious bidness after all.

^^^ word salad

Archived