Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to believe this is not a parody

Yep not even a challenge about his nazi jibe, that's 3 different sources this week that have likened YES voters to nazis.

Your definition of country is different to mine. You view Scotland as a country, which it is, but I view Scotland as part of a bigger country called the United Kingdom. You are quite correct.

If we vote yes in the referendum I think it is likely that the SNP will be the main party in Scotland and would again be voted into government.

Aren't the SNP the "Tartan Tories?"

No. And not even the UK voted the tories in. The libdems did that.

Your definition of country is different to mine. You view Scotland as a country, which it is, but I view Scotland as part of a bigger country called the United Kingdom. You are quite correct.

If we vote yes in the referendum I think it is likely that the SNP will be the main party in Scotland and would again be voted into government.

Aren't the SNP the "Tartan Tories?"

A country cant be part of a bigger country, it can be part of a union of countries though. If we vote yes I also think it is likely that the SNP will be the main party in Scotland for at least the first term, I am sure there will be negotiations to be concluded & the people of Scotland simply couldn't trust any of the other parties to negotiate on our behalf. Beyond that, who knows? Soundbites like "The Tartan Tories" are utterly meaningless, all political parties should be judged on their actions not their words.

No. And not even the UK voted the tories in. The libdems did that.

This isn't actually true. The Tories had a majority without Scotland. It is Scotland you have to thank for the Lib Dems being in government.

Well this whole democracy shenanigans stink. What was the point of me going to my polling station if my vote counted for nothing. I never knew that a political party could vote to determine the outcome of an election, but thank you for letting me know, I will bear that in mind in the future.

Any progress in finding the fiction in the book I linked to?

This isn't actually true. The Tories had a majority without Scotland. It is Scotland you have to thank for the Lib Dems being in government.

No, the libdems can thank their limitless and shameless lust for power for the disgraceful shape they're in, no one else. How's your post office shares doing, scumbag?

Sunday Times poll. Yes 47%, No 53%

It's a Wings poll. Rev Stu has given the ST the exclusive.

Cue the usual suspects saying "It's biased because Wings paid for it" "It's within the margin of error" "Panelbase are discredited" "You only get 47% if you discount the DK's" etc.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with this further improvement with 5 months to go

Sky discussed the Sunday Times Indy news during their review of the papers.

Apparently, they thought that Indy would be "resolutely rejected" because 1) Osbourne says we won't get the pound 2) Barrusso said we will be outside the EU & 3) Mark Carney

In response, they consider that the wily Salmond has provoked an emotional response by saying "You're bullying us"

There is now worry that Darling campaign is "too cerebral" and the no campaign need to pull out the emotive stuff.

Any No voters want to defend their analysis?

Ayrmad, wouldn't Edinburgh become the next suction machine draining the life out of this country? Please advise me to the contrary.

Why should it be?

Aberdeen and the North East is quite rightly the centre of Oil and Gas.

Dundee is quite rightly the centre of gaming, hopefully that will be extended to incorporate similar industries.

I am hoping that we have centres of industry and education placed where there hub should naturally be, the governers of each industry should be in the heart of that industry not miles away.

Put fisheries in the heart of our major fishing port.

Whisky in the heartlands of whisky producers.

Etc etc etc.

We could even have industry specific banks in these areas.

I like the views here, but at the moment the Scottish Government is favouring the central belt and not giving Aberdeen its fair share. I am all for equality but as things are at this present time Aberdeen is being shafted. It does not help that we have a council of so called leaders that don't have a clue, but still the fact remains we are being under funded.

I don't know how it works at present, IMO a high % of tax revenue generated in an area should go back to that area to do as it sees fit with it as an area should reflect those living there as much as is sensible, a % should go towards the overall governance of the country and a % should be apportioned to areas for regeneration and job/business creation based on need rather than amount generated, this might not close the gap between rich and poor areas but it might slow or stop an increase in the gap.

How would the banks work. Could I open up a bank?

I would think anyone could open a bank if the finances are in place.

I don't know exactly how the banks would work, I just feel that an industry specific bank would require that industry to do well for the bank to do well.

Archived