Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mail on Sunday seems to be in full on shitting itself mode today. I would urge everyone to get off this island as we are in serious danger, going by the opening line of it's commentary piece.

http://archive.is/110UO

The rest of it seems to be a full on lovebombing attack, but as it's the Mail it just cannot get away from the English being superior to the rest line that the middle Englanders love to hear.

:o

See I always thought it was the other way about. But I am sure someone can put me right if I am wrong

Love people in the media who don't know the difference between Great Britain and the United Kingdom, so we are going to destroy the island of Great Britain then according to the Daily Mail :1eye

Think it's pretty much a given that The Herald is Yes now, though not yet in name which is probably helpful at this stage. The BBC coverage of Salmond's speech was cringeworthy though, insisting largely upon itself that hundreds of thousands of 'Labour' (Scottish elections or UK elections, conveniently undefined) are the key to winning a scare-quotes 'nationalist' campaign. Replete with a bizarre Blair McDougall straw man about nursing levels and other services that are.. erm.. already devolved to the Scottish Parliament.

Another stunning riposte from the almost Sevco-esque campaign at the moment.

On a Sunday, yes. I think they give that Gardham chappie a Saturday off.

The daily edition of The Herald is certainly more balanced, and open to the idea of independence. The articles that they publish are critical of Yes/SNP without resorting to swivel eyed insanity. This is a healthy thing as the campaign does require robust criticism to ensure that Yes campaigners do not get complacent.

I stopped buying papers a while back, though I have found myself more recently purchasing the Sunday Herald mostly because I like the writing and design layout. A digital subscription comes to £3.99 per month and for that you get every edition of both the Sunday and daily paper in a high quality PDF format downloaded to your computer/tablet. Well worth the cost I would say.

:eek:

Jeezo. That's a painful and a half watch. Brit Nat claptrap with all that proudest and most respected fighting forces in the world drivel. A line I'm sure you'd find in a Kim Jong Un speech to his army. That video was hammering home the too wee part of the unholy trinity.

That is a disgraceful piece of propaganda from he BBC did it come straight from the BT handbook? impartial my arse a bunch of kids spoon feeding misinformation and out right lies on our National Broadcaster at tax payers expense as for the ending about 'one of the proudest and most respected armed forces in the world' pass me the bucket. The BBC are an total disgrace

It is hard for the media to fairly represent the SNP.

On the day the papers were reporting its not about the SNP or its policies the SNP were rolling our policies to show why people should vote for independence.

Just caught up with yet another BBC production for the Better Together campaign. This time a 2 hour documentary by Tory MP Rory Stewart.

It's fucking shocking what the BBC are getting away with!

Good old briitsh sense of fair play eh?

Archived