Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where was that video taken, they've an awful lot of chewing gum on the floor, I couldn't concentrate on what he was saying for it! Did he have any valid points?

Grimbo

Wester Hailes I believe. Valid points roughly around the zero mark.

Todays project fear subject in energy prices to rise in an independent Scotland. Mr Davey on his way north. So it must be true.

Another day another scare story to deflect away from the forces of darkness

Stay with the UK and your electricity will be cheaper - you cant get more positive than that.

I'm sure that will be comforting to those who have had their housing benefit stopped and been ridiculed and left destitute by ATOS.

How?

It really is hard to conduct a conversation here without encountering resistance; it really is revolting. I think we should just pull the plug on this thread as currently its just going round and round in a circuit. We need an alternate method and switch to a more positive outlook and get some spark into the debate. Its clear that a post yes Scotland will charge more.

It really is hard to conduct a conversation here without encountering resistance; it really is revolting. I think we should just pull the plug on this thread as currently its just going round and round in a circuit. We need an alternate method and switch to a more positive outlook and get some spark into the debate. Its clear that a post yes Scotland will charge more.

How deliciously ironic, a No voter seeking a positive outlook.

Oh, the lolz.

So you don't recognise that transmission charges ensure that Scotland energy users have to subsidise the SE of England? Only a SE centric government could get away with this shit - Charging the generators extra because they don't happen to be near London.

ETA: And then continually delaying the review as long as possible.

Just so you are not under any illusions, I already pay more than any region of England for electricity. Here are prices from EDF broken down by region:

post-40809-0-69443300-1397032501_thumb.j

I don't know much about this - shock horror :lol: - but I presume the BT line is something about the single energy market keeping costs down and sharing the burden across the UK?

I noticed the scottish Governments response to this the last tiem it was raised

" A spokeswoman for the Scottish Government dismissed Davey’s claims.

She said that energy bills in Scotland would actually go down if the nation became independent, as the Energy Companies Obligation and the Warm Home Discount levies would be removed from bills"

That second bit makes no sense to me, surely an indy Scotland (unless we suddenly vote in UKIP) of whatever party would pursue similar sorts of polices anyway? Isn't that a bit misleading?

Top post - a few bites as well! Reminds me of that classic tv thread in pnb gold. Superb

Archived