Scottish Independence

xbl

I don't think it's just that. Given that polls are showing that older voters tend to vote No it could partly be down to scepticism - general distrust of politicians who promise change but don't deliver.

You could lay a lot of that blame at the door of previous Labour governments.

So vote to hand back control to those same politicians? :1eye The same ones who are to blame for the suppossed "apathy" in Scotland (and the rest of the UK)?

The SNP have proved in the last seven years that they are completely capable of running a range of important affairs through devoluton. With that in mind why wouldn't they be capable of controling the matters currently reserved to Westminster? I obviously know they wouldn't forever be the government in an independent Scotland but it certainly gets rid of the notion that we somehow couldn't do it as well as Westminster.

My conclusion is that when it comes down to who you should trust more there's no contest. The difference is with independence we'll be able to get any government that screws us over to f**k, without having to worry about the English needing to back us up in our view.

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's just that. Given that polls are showing that older voters tend to vote No it could partly be down to scepticism - general distrust of politicians who promise change but don't deliver.

If older voters are more likely to vote no then I suggest that all polling stations have a "Nursing Home Vacancies - Apply Within" sign erected outside.

So vote to hand back control to those same politicians? :1eye The same ones who are to blame for the suppossed "apathy" in Scotland (and the rest of the UK)?

The SNP have proved in the last seven years that they are completely capable of running a range of important affairs through devoluton. With that in mind why wouldn't they be capable of controling the matters currently reserved to Westminster? I obviously know they wouldn't forever be the government in an independent Scotland but it certainly gets rid of the notion that we somehow couldn't do it as well as Westminster.

My conclusion is that when it comes down to who you should trust more there's no contest. The difference is with independence we'll be able to get any government that screws us over to f**k, without having to worry about the English needing to back us up in our view.

Poll tax anyone????

Are you going or are you toooo busy?

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/politics/bbc-5-live-struggled-to-find-enough-no-voters-for-dundee-independence-debate-1.553982

I sent off the application a few days ago, I take it that's all I need to have done by midnight tomorrow? I don't have a poll card yet but I'm expecting one soon enough, I'm just double checking the deadline isn't when you need to physically have the poll card by, as opposed to when you've applied for it by?

Don't think you'll get a poll card this late on. Do phone fist thing in the morning to make sure your registered though.

Don't tend to read the Courier - didn't even know about this debate - up to my eyeballs in planning for new courses and preparing for Insight attainment review statistics analysis.

Vivenne Westwood just did a massive pro indy speech at the fashion awards :lol:

She was quite vocal about it last year, fair play for a lass from Northern England, and the MSM fired into her because she was saying a Yes vote could help people out of poverty yet her clothes cost lots of money.

Wind on the calendar and as uber rich whiny c***s like McCartney and Bowie support the Union and suddenly it's alright to be rich and have an opinion.

Archived