Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The truly alarming thing in all this carry on is how utterly gullible almost half of Scots have been, the SNP fantasists still have no answers to the big questions. NO ONE in authority has CONFIRMED Scotland will have the pound, the leader of the EU says Scotland will be out, which on balance could be a good thing. The defence would be shambolic, Salmond should be charged with treason after the NO vote is confirmed next week.

Remember the McCrone report. They hid our wealth before the 79 referendum.

I wonder if anything will be revealed in 20 years or so that was hidden from us before the 2014 referendum.

Unfortuntely, the RBS statement doesn't say quite so clearly that there will be no impact to jobs. Like every other company who has made a statement, it's fairly wooly and open to interpretation depending on what side fo the argument you are on.

In response to press speculation in relation to re-domicile, The Royal Bank of Scotland Group plc ("RBS") confirms that, as set out in the risk disclosures in RBS’s Annual Report, there are a number of material uncertainties arising from the Scottish referendum vote which could have a bearing on the Bank’s credit ratings, and the fiscal, monetary, legal and regulatory landscape to which it is subject. For this reason, RBS has undertaken contingency planning for the possible business implications of a ‘Yes’ vote. RBS believes that this is the responsible and prudent thing to do and something that its customers, staff and shareholders would expect it to do.

As part of such contingency planning, RBS believes that it would be necessary to re-domicile the Bank’s holding company and its primary rated operating entity (The Royal Bank of Scotland plc) to England. In the event of a 'Yes' vote, the decision to re-domicile should have no impact on everyday banking services used by our customers throughout the British Isles. However, RBS believes that it would be the most effective way to provide clarity to all our stakeholders and mitigate the risks previously identified in our Annual Report.

The vote on independence is a matter for the Scottish people. Scotland has been RBS's home since 1727. RBS intends to retain a significant level of its operations and employment in Scotland to support its customers there and the activities of the whole Bank.

Cards on the table - I'm more worried now that a Yes wont happen than I've ever been during the process.

Unfortuntely, the RBS statement doesn't say quite so clearly that there will be no impact to jobs. Like every other company who has made a statement, it's fairly wooly and open to interpretation depending on what side fo the argument you are on.

Cards on the table - I'm more worried now that a Yes wont happen than I've ever been during the process.

That's exactly the type of fear and uncertainty that the Westminster establishment, their friends in big business and their friends in the MSM are trying to invoke.

By your logic the aircraft carrier the UK has just built is to be used to attack Russian forces then? When does it sail? Where shall we hit first? Minsk or St Petersburg?

You have very little understanding of Russian politics and posting random YT videos to try and back that up is just daft.

You really should improve your geography.

How about what everyone else says?

How about the fact that Scotland would be the 14th richest country in the world, even before factoring in a drop of oil? That was Labour's Devolution Commission who said that.

Do you believe them?

Fact? By what measure?

That's exactly the type of fear and uncertainty that the Westminster establishment, their friends in big business and their friends in the MSM are trying to invoke.

Yep, I realise that Granny. Don't get me wrong, it's not swaying me in teh slightest. But it is making it increasingly difficult to sway others, which is where this will be won or lost.

Nicola Sturgeon called it...recent announcements from RBS, Lloyds & Standard Life prove it!
Seemingly RBS already had plans to move, Lloyds barely have any branches now (they're all the new TSB) & Standard Life have recently built a new office in Edinburgh!

Westminster have used all their political pull to try bring as much fear as possible to the Yes voters & quite frankly is despicable!
Why are they so desperate to hold on to us? Because we are worth so much more to the British economy that they'll ever admit!
Don't be scared off by their deplorable tactics...Vote Yes!

The truly alarming thing in all this carry on is how utterly gullible almost half of Scots have been, the SNP fantasists still have no answers to the big questions. NO ONE in authority has CONFIRMED Scotland will have the pound, the leader of the EU says Scotland will be out, which on balance could be a good thing. The defence would be shambolic, Salmond should be charged with treason after the NO vote is confirmed next week.

Not sure if serious...

I'm still completely disgusted and very angry about the unionist propaganda machine's current exploits. Goes to show why a vast majority of the population are not satisfied with the UK. I would imagine up to 75% wants change, but 50% have the balls to follow it through.

Blackmail, deception, lies, manipulation, stonewalling, sheer numbers of water torturing c***s who Scotland doesn't actually want or need, but they work together in the hope that fear, suppression of facts, distortion of truth, non-cooperation, and the sheer numbers of the establishment have the power to make us give up hope and accept second best, be good little sheep and do as we're told.

I'm doing what I can to help the local campaign along with others. We have one week left to survive this onslaught and get these johnny come latelys tae f**k.

Archived