Scottish Independence

xbl

• Replies 16.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I'm disappointed it's a no.

No voters have voted out of fear and uncertainty, voted to let the Westminster politicians keep their noses in the cash trough and voted for Jim Murphy to keep his second tax payer funded London flat.

I never knew there were so many shitebags in Scotland.

You don't see those as good reasons????????!!

Best one I had was a rumour of a landslide Yes victory in edinburgh :lol:

There were a series of Black Knight style... "Let's not be too hasty... nothing is known yet" as lights were switched off around the country and the odds went to 1/100.

I really don't get this 'Shitebag' chat. People have been crying for democracy to rule and the peoples vote to matter. When democracy rules and the majority wins, that majority are then 'Shitebags' and 'Should not consider themselves Scottish'. Surely that's not democracy?

Not really, no. You'd never move house, change bank account, get on a plane, or have children if you always backed away from uncertainty.

As I was saying, utter shitbags.

Oh mate please. That is ridiculous. He didn't even know what currency we were going to use, whether prices would rise etc. Now I know that would have settled down when the two parties started talking initially but there'd be uncertainty for years.

Check share prices and the currency rates this morning and then imagine then going the other way x 5.

I want decentralised power but I want it done in a controlled way

I really don't get this 'Shitebag' chat. People have been crying for democracy to rule and the peoples vote to matter. When democracy rules and the majority wins, that majority are then 'Shitebags' and 'Should not consider themselves Scottish'. Surely that's not democracy?

It's much easier to find a scapegoat to blame, rather than accept you are just a minority.

Oh dear, it would appear that Anthony Pick and the creepy Salmond fantasist are BFF's now.

We're all on one side and agree about everything. You should propose the creation of Yes zones and badges for "Nodrones" and places for them to live away from the "Yessers"

You can see where I'm going with this don't you?

You display the kind forelock tugging subservience that the Westminster politician were counting on. You've kept them in cushy jobs.

Well done you.

Romeo I know they're c**ts mate. I despise ALL politicians but I don't want us to suffer due to a badly thought out risk.

My #indyref final thought.

Very down this morning. Horrible, empty feeling.

Just got all my Yes posters, badges and memorabilia, the White Paper, the Wee Blue Book, popped it all into a shoe box and placed it in the back of my cupboard.

Had a tear in my eye as I did that as I felt I was closing the lid on a future that will never be.

I look at my daughter running around carefree today and hope we've not made a fatal error for her generation. And if we have, I hope they grasp it better than us.

All the best everyone.

And apologies from a very embarrassed Aberdonian

It's much easier to find a scapegoat to blame, rather than accept you are just a minority.

That's a fair point, I do accept it but I'm not exactly magnanimous about it.

I can honesty say I never for one minute thought the vote would be less than 55% Yes.

I haven't seen the breakdown but because of the margin I assume No won every age bracket, which again I didn't expect.

We're all on one side and agree about everything. You should propose the creation of Yes zones and badges for "Nodrones" and places for them to live away from the "Yessers"

You can see where I'm going with this don't you?

Indeed I can. Probably a tear stained spittle flecked rant about Alex Salmond.

Amirite?

Romeo I know they're c**ts mate. I despise ALL politicians but I don't want us to suffer due to a badly thought out risk.

You can keep going on about uncertainty, risk and don't know's til the cows come home but the fact remains that you were told you wouldn't be able/couldn't/were incapable of running your own affairs and you just accepted it,

Disappointing stuff.

Archived