Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

32 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I'm a bit curious to know which seats the pollsters think REFUK are likely to win, or if this is just fantasyland extrapolation.

Obviously Farage, but even 30p Lee was expected to lose his seat with a bit to spare until recently.

Edit: please tell me Ann Widdicombe isn't standing again this time.

No, but she’ll be on the campaign trail and you can have dinner with her in Stourbridge for 50 quid.

Can you fucking imagine sitting across from Ann Widdecombe eating dinner.

Never has there been a woman so totally devoid of self-awareness.

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Hungry Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

15 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Perhaps on ad-Hoc basis, or with a pre packed sandwich or ready meal of some kind, but not in a situation where it’s been booked and you know the kitchen won’t bother assessing who’s been a p***k to them and will just pre-load all the food with variant bodily fluids. 

19 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

If that was right, it's good news for the SNP and Reform. Would be funny seeing the Tories get as few as 72 seats but that must be unlikely.

That's probably the best polling in ages for the SNP - and it can't be dismissed as some are trying to do.

Labour's support is soft as shite - by reminding voters that they and the Tories are 2 arses of the same cheek, the smaller parties may well benefit because Labour can't play the Stop the Tories card as they've done in the past.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

39 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I would shit myself laughing if the tories ended up with double digit MPs

Get yourself some of those incontinence trousers.

8 hours ago, BFTD said:

At the count of three I will snap my fingers and you will wake up.

.. and you will never overeat again.

FTFY

I think some of the modelling used by the big pollsters struggles a bit in Scotland simply due to the more complicated factors here.  Labour could easily have success in the Central Belt but it could be winning ten seats or winning far more.  The 2017 vote saw quite a few SNP seats come within a few hundred votes of going Labour but then in 2019 a lot of them went back to four or five figure majoriites.  I've voted in four General Elections in this constituency - first one Labour had a 8k majority, SNP were fourth; second one SNP won by 8.5k votes; third the Tories came within 1000 votes and the last one the SNP majority was up to 11k.  

These results are all over the place and you also have to factor in things like the collapse of the Tory vote, which I am certain will happen across the country.  That could mean a lot of Con-Lab switchers in Scotland that, combined with an SNP turnout drop, sees Labour push in a load of seats.  On the other hand, maybe there wil be a galvinsation effect on the SNP vote due to the poor polling.  

Who really knows.

Most importantly while looking this up, I found that in 2005 the UKIP candidate in my constitutency was called William Boys, the staunchest name this side of Billy King.  

Question: Will a complete collapse to Tory double digits MPs possibly radicalize the alignment of the resulting new MPs as their support creeps back up? In the U.S., the Republicans have become increasingly more Reich-wing as they need to win support in primaries to even get to the General Election. With Reform UK and the Conservatives potentially becoming closer, will a similar slide further Right even be possible, or will the existence of a genuine set of alternate parties prevent such an additional move?

Shout out to the 1% of 2019 SNP voters who are now voting for the Conservatives.  2% say they are now going to vote for Reform.

Edited by ICTChris

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

From that are Reform taking votes from Labour?

Wouldn't be a surprise. In 2017 the UKIP vote collapsed and split 50/50 between Tory and Labour, rather than all going Tory as expected. 

27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

YouGov Scottish Westminister poll

Like that as soon as the election is called some folk have reconsidered voting for Labour, hopefully more do.