Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Bit quiet here on the latest poll, today in the Sunday Mail, just saying

Was it carried out by a member of the British Polling Council? The same group did a poll in November with 27% Yes and 56% No and their methodology wasn't explained then either.

Was it carried out by a member of the British Polling Council? The same group did a poll in November with 27% Yes and 56% No and their methodology wasn't explained then either.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Pathetic.

same old, same old, I don't believe it, so it must be rubbish, if this poll had been to the advantage of Yes Scotland and the SNP, it would be being celebrated and its methodology would not have been questioned, now that's pathetic

Edited by ecto

same old, same old, I don't believe it, so it must be rubbish, if this poll had been to the advantage of Yes Scotland and the SNP, it would be being celebrated and its methodology would not have been questioned, now that's pathetic

I simply asked if they were a credible source. If it was a credible source then it would have been interesting to see if any trends were emerging.

EDIT: Even though the poll isn't verifiable it does show a shift towards 'Yes' compared to their last one (assuming methodologies are the same).

Edited by harry94

I simply asked if they were a credible source. If it was a credible source then it would have been interesting to see if any trends were emerging.

EDIT: Even though the poll isn't verifiable it does show a shift towards 'Yes' compared to their last one (assuming methodologies are the same).

It was a YouGov poll

Maybe that's because they didn't even ask about Scottish independence voting intentions. They asked about Westminster voting intentions. If you're gonna tell a lie tell a fucking huge lie. The reporting of this poll by a c**t of a "journalist" at the Sunday Mail is disingenous at best and downright lying bullshit.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Another load of mewling, pathetic shite from Arbroath's most right wing resident.

Do you have a link to their data? The Sunday Post just say it's a group called 'Progressive Partnership'.

It was done by YouGov for the "progressive group"

Revelling in a probable no vote, what a pathetic person you must be.

Not revelling only reporting, of course does not suit your agenda, so who is pathetic?

Another load of mewling, pathetic shite from Arbroath's most right wing resident.

I have been called many things in my life, some quite bad, but never anything as bad as been called "right-wing",

but once I again ask the question, how do many of you cope with disappointment?, because by the 19th of September you will have suffered a huge blow

It was done by YouGov for the "progressive group"

Not revelling only reporting, of course does not suit your agenda, so who is pathetic?

I have been called many things in my life, some quite bad, but never anything as bad as been called "right-wing",

but once I again ask the question, how do many of you cope with disappointment?, because by the 19th of September you will have suffered a huge blow

Sieving through your tears, snotters and shite, a couple of questions.

Who are the progressive group?

Was the question in the poll the same question that will be asked in the referendum?

How long will you cry for when a Yes vote is returned?

Sieving through your tears, snotters and shite, a couple of questions.

Who are the progressive group?

Was the question in the poll the same question that will be asked in the referendum?

How long will you cry for when a Yes vote is returned?

I will have to just get on with it if the vote goes against my views, as will you if the vote goes against yours

It is the progressive partnership a independent market and research agency who ran the poll with YouGov

Talking of polls and debates, a mock referendum was held in Lews Castle College a couple of weeks back. Not a lot took part, with the result being 49 people voting Yes and 40 voting No. One person spoiled their ballot.

Who the f**k spoils their ballot in a mock referendum? :1eye

It was a YouGov poll

No it wasn't. It was conducted by Progressive Scottish Opinion.

They may have used the online YouGov panel, but PSO choose the weightings that they apply to the poll results. As such, it is totally meaningless to compare the result with the YouGov/Channel 4 poll from last week

In addition, they didn't ask the actual referendum question. They replaced the word "be" with "become", thus subtly emphasising the status quo

Finally, PSO don't adhere to British Polling Council rules. I seem to recollect that they have previously been accused of not publishing full polling data.

However, I'm sure that these minor problems won't stop you believing that "No" has an impregnable lead. Enjoy your dream.

Edited by lichtgilphead

It is the progressive partnership a independent market and research agency who ran the poll with YouGov

No it wasn't. It was conducted by Progressive Scottish Opinion.

They may have used the online YouGov panel, but PSO choose the weightings that they apply to the poll results. As such, it is totally meaningless to compare the result with the YouGov/Channel 4 poll from last week

In addition, they didn't ask the actual referendum question. They replaced the word "be" with "become", thus subtly emphasising the status quo

Finally, PSO don't adhere to British Polling Council rules. I seem to recollect that they have previously been accused of not publishing full polling data.

However, I'm sure that these minor problems won't stop you believing that "No" has an impregnable lead. Enjoy your dream.

a new one that selective quoting

Edited by ecto

Talking of polls and debates, a mock referendum was held in Lews Castle College a couple of weeks back. Not a lot took part, with the result being 49 people voting Yes and 40 voting No. One person spoiled their ballot.

Who the f**k spoils their ballot in a mock referendum? :1eye

Dee-till-eh-Deh?

I referred to your (still uncorrected) post from 17.03 today. In which you unambiguously stated "It was a YouGov poll"

Now, are you actually planning on replying to the substantive points in my post, or do you just want to argue over who said what & when?