Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Not in any way scientific or representative of the wider population, but I've seen two things on TV that does make you wonder..

1. Kaye Burley on SKY news walks about Oban and can't find a No voter.

2. Tory MP Rory Stewart walks in to a packed Glasgow pub filmed by the BBC and finds only ONE No voter - the owner/manager.

I heard something similar happened on BBC in Portree but didn't see it

I'd go further than this.

Paying to put a young person through University is not a cost - it's an investment.

Most fail to get through their courses and many who do fail to get a job paying enough to justify putting themselves through it.

We are investing in the few who make it to the end.

They more than pay that back in taxes.

I actually wouldn't be averse to some sort of 5 year post graduate tax or a fixed repayment or something capped at 5 years but £52k minimum in England? That is an obscenity and a complete dereliction of responsibility from the people in power who want all the benefits of a highly skilled workforce without wanting to pay a penny to get it.

Fortunately we are not affected by such people in Scotland.......yet.

£52k is a false figure for two reasons.

Firstly, English students only attend uni for three years. So by your figures that £47.75k

Also, most students don't receive anything close to £6250 per year in student support. With means testing and some students not wanting to take out a loan, I'd venture that the average is closer to £3000 per year.

Going to uni is a career choice, and I certainly don't want my future self to be paying for 18 year olds to get pissed. The UK government's policy is fantastic because you only pay back what you can afford.

That atypical, much like 5 year courses in Scotland. The vast majority of undergrad courses in rUK last three years.

I'm going to agree with Ad Lib here.

I've got 5 years of student debt built up under the old system from my degree at Aberdeen, and I'm going to start a PGCE course in September where my loans will come under the new system.

The repayment schedule under the current policy is much kinder to students than the old one.

That atypical, much like 5 year courses in Scotland. The vast majority of undergrad courses in rUK last three years.

So your claim of "Firstly, English students only attend uni for three years" was lies then?

The repayment terms are, however, much more generous than before. Only looking at the nominal debt figure is like saying a mortgage is the same as a Wonga loan if they're both for the same amount. That's clearly not the case.

:lol: :lol:

Ah well, if you have the option of spreading your 44k out over 160 years, why not!?

:lol: :lol:

Ah well, if you have the option of spreading your 44k out over 160 years, why not!?

It is all written off after 30 years no matter what if anything you have paid. And you only pay in proportion to your income above £21kpa. Name me another loan with terms that good. Edited by Ad Lib

It is all written off after 30 years no matter what if anything you have paid. And you only pay in proportion to your income above £21kpa. Name me another loan with terms that good.

I used to work for the fuckers, I'm well aware of how they work.

Not in any way scientific or representative of the wider population, but I've seen two things on TV that does make you wonder..

1. Kaye Burley on SKY news walks about Oban and can't find a No voter.

2. Tory MP Rory Stewart walks in to a packed Glasgow pub filmed by the BBC and finds only ONE No voter - the owner/manager.

I heard something similar happened on BBC in Portree but didn't see it

Intriguing ...

Keith Brown MSP @KeithBrownMSP 5h

Told that BBC had too many Yes/struggled to get Nos to last nights debate. David Hayman tells me big increase in Yes on Skye since last year

NO to win now as short as 1/10 in places, middle ground is 1/7. Stay away from Bet Fred and Sportingbet for decent value on NO.

You can get 11/2 with BET FRED on YES winning.

All YES betting drifting, all NO betting shortening.

post-19928-0-32297900-1404915095_thumb.j

NO to win now as short as 1/10 in places, middle ground is 1/7. Stay away from Bet Fred and Sportingbet for decent value on NO.

attachicon.gifindyrefbetsahaha.jpg

Are you surprised? This will go hand in hand with the polls and looking to much into the polls is silly.

As I said on the other thread though, Scotland will vote NO IMO, too many fannies/bigots and shitebags to do otherwise unfortunately. Only thing keeping my hopes up is just how many people have declared for YES on their declaration.

attachicon.gifindyrefbetsahaha.jpg

Brilliant news I knew not all scots were Idiots.