Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Voting No in the hope that Labour will win in 2015 is short sighted. Labour might win but The Tories will be back at some point. What are you hoping for with Labour in power? They will continue on with austerity anyway. They have said so. Apart from a few policies there's not much between the 2 parties.

And voting to leave the country because you don't like the current government isn't short sighted?

And voting to leave the country because you don't like the current government isn't short sighted?

Independence isn't about disliking the Tories.

For me independence makes sense. Why would you want to want someone else to take your money and give you a smaller percentage back?
Take Aberdeen. It's the oil capital of Europe and we can't even get a motorway all the way there yet Scotland is contributing £4 billion to the HS2 which only goes as far as Birmingham.
Also why are passengers forced to go through London when they want to go to Aberdeen, and Edinburgh for that matter, from a good number of important international cities?
Scotland has the fewest miles of motorway per head of population than any country in Western Europe. No investment whatsoever.
That's just part of the reason for Scotland's transport that we need independence and there are many more reasons out with that.
To quote Peter Fonda-
We wanna be free
We wanna be free to do what we wanna do
And we wanna get loaded
And we wanna have a good time
That's what we're gonna do
(No way baby let's go)
We're gonna have a good time
We're gonna have a party

Latest poll:

Yes 41, No 48, Don't know 11.

Panelbase for the Sunday Times. Yes down 2 and No up 2 since June. If you like the whole excluding DKs thing, it gives 54-46.

Edited by Michael W

If nothing else, the anticipated Commonwealth Games bounce may show in the next one.

I personally think anyone whose opinion on the matter is swayed by a sporting event is an utter loony, but if I remember rightly there was a swing to No after the Olympics. Some people really are that fickle.

It's not necessarily the games in themselves but national pride. In 2012 most people were screaming for team GB, Jessica Ennis, Mo Farah etc, whereas now they're just cheering for the Scottish athletes. Just kinda changes the national mood tbh

There's nothing wrong with a bit national pride, but as the basis of yes/no vote because a few athletes did well? That doesn't make sense to me.

I was delighted with GBs success at London 2012 and am likewise delighted at Scotland's medal haul so far in Glasgow. Not for one minute was I even at all bothered about the referendum or even thought about it when watching London 2012, and that's the same this time around too.

Me neither, but it's the little implicit attitudes that will subconsciously affect people. If people feel a bit more Scottish then it will maybe make then think about "what's best for Scotland" rather than "what's best for me"

There's nothing wrong with a bit national pride, but as the basis of yes/no vote because a few athletes did well? That doesn't make sense to me.

I was delighted with GBs success at London 2012 and am likewise delighted at Scotland's medal haul so far in Glasgow. Not for one minute was I even at all bothered about the referendum or even thought about it when watching London 2012, and that's the same this time around too.

Have you thought about how Scotland and to a greater extent, Glasgow have done a great job in hosting and running these games, makes you feel?

If it had been a disaster and a shambles, it would have made you feel different.

Team Scotland doing well is just a bonus feel good factor on top.

It wont make a NO voter rethink their choice though, as they already have their mind set.

It may give soft NO's or undecideds that wee bit of confidence in Scotland to nudge them to YES.

Its like when your team lose, you dont feel like going out that night. When they win, your going out. No question.

We shall just need to wait and see.

Have you thought about how Scotland and to a greater extent, Glasgow have done a great job in hosting and running these games, makes you feel?

If it had been a disaster and a shambles, it would have made you feel different.

Team Scotland doing well is just a bonus feel good factor on top.

It wont make a NO voter rethink their choice though, as they already have their mind set.

It may give soft NO's or undecideds that wee bit of confidence in Scotland to nudge them to YES.

Its like when your team lose, you dont feel like going out that night. When they win, your going out. No question.

We shall just need to wait and see.

I don't think you can second guess it because people will react in different ways. It's a bit like the economy - if Scotland posts healthy economic figures then it might lead one person to think independence would be a better idea, but it might lead someone else to think we're doing well enough in the UK so why rock the boat.

Just more subconcious momentum material.

choo chooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yeah. Even the BBC showed a home made YES Scotland flag at the swimming today.

I had to rewind it to make sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

Said this before but I don't get how someone could support Team GB, personally couldn't give a flying f**k about supporting anyone outwith Scotland, Scotland is our country, not NI/England or Wales? Why support anyone from they countries over someone from say Australia or USA?

Baffles me.

Said this before but I don't get how someone could support Team GB, personally couldn't give a flying f**k about supporting anyone outwith Scotland, Scotland is our country, not NI/England or Wales? Why support anyone from they countries over someone from say Australia or USA?

Baffles me.

Who says Scotland is our (only) country? Perhaps more to the point, why do you claim to determine what is and is not the country or countries of belonging of other people? Scotland may well be *your* country, but you speak for you alone.

Why are you so hostile to pluralist identity?

Who says Scotland is our (only) country? Perhaps more to the point, why do you claim to determine what is and is not the country or countries of belonging of other people? Scotland may well be *your* country, but you speak for you alone.

Why are you so hostile to pluralist identity?

You can't say Scotland AND the UK is your country, it's one or the other.

Why are you so annoying?

I support all European athletes and sporting teams, as that is my primary national identity. I also consider myself as a world citizen though, so that means I can support pretty much whoever I like. Except the English of course, because they're a bunch of dickheads.

There's your ethnic nationalism and identity fascism showing through away.

Who are you to say who people should and shouldn't support? Total matter of opinion.

I'm not saying who people should and shouldn't support, just wondering why you would give preference to someone Welsh over someone American for the sole reason your country is in a political union with them. I don't get it.

New panelbase poll out it in Sunday Times today.

No 48(+2)

Yes 41 (-2)

Without DK's:

No 54 (+2)

Yes 46 (-2)

When even yes friendly polls like panelbase have yes losing ground, you know how much trouble they're in. More great news for the better together campaign.