Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I'll avoid a cliche response. I will point out that while I am young I am of age and thus have as much of a right to vote in this referendum as you do. I'd like you to clarify why you think my suggestions were "gangster tripping"?

It seems to the naked eye like you're happy to see people unemployed for long periods of time continue to receive government handouts with no questions asked. This might not be the case, but you will have to clarify your position.

Well every government will at times have to make decisions which favour some areas over others. A practical example is to look at the Scottish government spending an arm and a leg to have the Commonwealth games in Glasgow as opposed to Edinburgh.

Looking at this example, the question you have to ask is whether Glasgow was chosen because it was the best candidate, or whether it was chosen because of an institutional bias towards Glasgow over Edinburgh. Now, as a man who lives in Edinburgh I'm not exactly seething about this decision because Glasgow is clearly the bigger and more-apt city, however if Glasgow was consistently being chosen over Edinburgh for projects due to institutional bias, then I might be rather unhappy about it.

Now, going back to the UK picture, if you look at every decision made by the UK government that has benefited an English city over a Scottish one, you have to consider why that decision was made. If it was due to the English city being better suited then there really isn't anything to complain about, but if it was due to institutional bias then Yes campaigners have a point.

My point is if you believe in the UK as a single entity rather than Scotland as a single entity then you will at some point accept decisions will be made to the detriment of Scotland in favour of another part of the UK.

You may not agree with the decision, but by agreeing to be part of the UK you have to accept decisions made by a UK government won't always treat Scotland as a priority.

That's the difference, I will ALWAYS treat Scotland as a priority in EVERY case. Even if another part of the UK was the better option I would ALWAYS favour Scotland every time.

Why do you wish it was all over? It's been a fantastic debate that has awaken an apathetic public who are now engaging in politics in their thousands.

Just look at last nights meeting in Inverurie with Nicola Sturgeon - they actually ran out of chairs and was literally standing room only!

Bt0_V5LCUAIfcCF.jpg

Fantastic debate?

I must have missed it. It's been piss-poor for most of the time.

My point is if you believe in the UK as a single entity rather than Scotland as a single entity then you will at some point accept decisions will be made to the detriment of Scotland in favour of another part of the UK.

You may not agree with the decision, but by agreeing to be part of the UK you have to accept decisions made by a UK government won't always treat Scotland as a priority.

That's the difference, I will ALWAYS treat Scotland as a priority in EVERY case. Even if another part of the UK was the better option I would ALWAYS favour Scotland every time.

Yep. I'm the same. I'm Scottish and Scotland is my country. I care about Scotland more than any other country by a distance, including the home nations.

Are they going to be affected by this decision?

They could be yes, but that wasn't my point anyway.

Yes, but this isn't about Scotland becoming independent from France, Ukraine, China and Australia.

Scotland needs to think about getting its own house in order before thinking about other nations.

Fantastic debate?

I must have missed it. It's been piss-poor for most of the time.

I suppose it depends where you go and who you speak to. I agree the "debate" has been pish as BT attempt to stifle,talk Scotland down and push ludicrous scare stories at every opportunity. The main politicians in the YES campaign have been pretty uninspiring too.

However, being involved with, meetings and spending time with with local Yes groups, National Collective, women for Indy, RIC, local Greens etc has given me huge amount of optimism about the future of the country. The debate amongst these peopek hasn't been about yes or no, they allagree on that, but on what Scotland looks like in the future.

People in all walks of life have been asked to question all sorts of apsects of their lives and their political system and I think that has been an amazing thing. They have not all come to Yes but IMO the independence question is not something that can be locked away back in the cupbard once this vote has happened. Scottish people will simply not accept whatever crap we are asked to swallow from WM or Holyrood any more.

I suppose it depends where you go and who you speak to. I agree the "debate" has been pish as BT attempt to stifle,talk Scotland down and push ludicrous scare stories at every opportunity. The main politicians in the YES campaign have been pretty uninspiring too.

However, being involved with, meetings and spending time with with local Yes groups, National Collective, women for Indy, RIC, local Greens etc has given me huge amount of optimism about the future of the country. The debate amongst these peopek hasn't been about yes or no, they allagree on that, but on what Scotland looks like in the future.

People in all walks of life have been asked to question all sorts of apsects of their lives and their political system and I think that has been an amazing thing. They have not all come to Yes but IMO the independence question is not something that can be locked away back in the cupbard once this vote has happened. Scottish people will simply not accept whatever crap we are asked to swallow from WM or Holyrood any more.

Excellent post.

National politicans on both sides have been pretty awful.

The ordinary grass roots supporters put them to shame.

Yet to meet a grassroots BT supporter, really hope that day comes though, wonder what they'll say??? Any ideas??

Alex Salmond wants to ......

Trust me. I'm your better.

No, I dont have a real job. Daddy wont let me work until I'm 25. Shucks.

No I dont live in Scotland. Why?

i asked this on another thread. Have there been any ordinary people coming together to put out their vision for scotland in the UK.

Im a member of the snp so i dont count but loads of the people i go canvassing and leafleting with are not members of any party. Been to gigs, Q&As, film showings etc all organised by people engaged in the debate but aren't party members but have come together to be involved in this process.

I havent seen anything from BT that wasnt from a local cllr, english activists bussed in or university party political associations. Not that these people aren't entitled to their views but it all seems to be leaflets and scripts sent up from HQ.

The various Yes groups seem to be a lot more spontaneous and imaginative about what they do, what they say and who they are. Now in the end that might all count for f**k all but I know which side I'm glad and proud to have been a part of.

Yet to meet a grassroots BT supporter, really hope that day comes though, wonder what they'll say??? Any ideas??

Something like "isn't Alex Salmond's wife old and fat?"

There's only one true grassroots movement in this referendum.

I don't think anyone can deny that Yes has been working much harder than No. People I see are proud of voting Yes, and I don't see that as much with No.

With it being so tight at the polls I think more Yes voters will make an effort to get out and vote than No, who largely think they have won already.

I can see a Solskjær style 93 minute winner from Yes coming.

I don't think anyone can deny that Yes has been working much harder than No. People I see are proud of voting Yes, and I don't see that as much with No.

With it being so tight at the polls I think more Yes voters will make an effort to get out and vote than No, who largely think they have won already.

I can see a Solskjær style 93 minute winner from Yes coming.

We just don't feel the need to bang on about how we are going to Vote. I'm proud to Vote No, but the Yes lot see it as some kind of badge of honour changing their profile pics to show a Yes for some reason.

We just don't feel the need to bang on about how we are going to Vote. I'm proud to Vote No, but the Yes lot see it as some kind of badge of honour changing their profile pics to show a Yes for some reason.

Cool.

We just don't feel the need to bang on about how we are going to Vote.

Er, yes you do.

Yes lot see it as some kind of badge of honour changing their profile pics to show a Yes for some reason.

That's because voting Yes is a thing to be proud of. Voting No is a marque of shame, embarrassment and lack of faith in your own country.

HTH.

You been reading this forum? NO voters shout just as loudly as YES voters, of course there'll be people that keep themselves to themselves. And how can you be proud voting AGAINST your country's independence? That's crazy

Why?