Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

No, after completing a particularly arduous thesis chapter I took a few days away from a computer screen, then went to London for a few days. Wonderful city. Fantastic capital. I then went to Edinburgh yesterday for a (very good) fringe event involving Henry Blofeld and Peter Baxter. Unlike you, my life doesn't revolve around this sub-forum.

There is no "may" and there is no "but". Hamas is a terrorist organisation that commits war crimes and their actions are indefensible. They would still be indefensible if Israel said this evening that it intended to wipe all Palestinians off the face of the Earth and dropped a nuclear bomb on Gaza.

I suggest that the Palestinians do anything and everything in their power to obtain freedom that doesn't involve war crimes. As soon as you engage in war crimes you start to corrode the very moral basis for the Palestinian grievances in the first place. Not to mention that the mere existence of the military wing of Hamas is an inherent obstacle to Palestinian interests, not an advocate of them.

What if everything in their power amounts to very little? Would you advocate accepting the horrific conditions laid down for them by their oppressors?

No, after completing a particularly arduous thesis chapter I took a few days away from a computer screen, then went to London for a few days. Wonderful city. Fantastic capital. I then went to Edinburgh yesterday for a (very good) fringe event involving Henry Blofeld and Peter Baxter. Unlike you, my life doesn't revolve around this sub-forum.

Sounds simply enchanting.

As someone who has defended the Israelis at every turn during my 48 years on this planet, I find their current actions totally abhorrent and an affront to anything nearing self defence and decency, it's like shooting someone every time they flick your ear, I feel the time has come for the UK and America to speak out vociferously against what is no more than mass slaughter.

The 2 governments may wish to condemn Hamas at the same time, I don't mind that but it's like we are actually condoning it at the moment, I don't like those representing me and mine condoning that shit.

Edited by ayrmad

There is no "may" and there is no "but". Hamas is a terrorist organisation that commits war crimes and their actions are indefensible. They would still be indefensible if Israel said this evening that it intended to wipe all Palestinians off the face of the Earth and dropped a nuclear bomb on Gaza.

I suggest that the Palestinians do anything and everything in their power to obtain freedom that doesn't involve war crimes. As soon as you engage in war crimes you start to corrode the very moral basis for the Palestinian grievances in the first place. Not to mention that the mere existence of the military wing of Hamas is an inherent obstacle to Palestinian interests, not an advocate of them.

Was Edinburgh not a wonderful city and a fantastic capital?

As someone who has defended the Israelis at every turn during my 48 years on this planet, I find their current actions totally abhorrent and an affront to anything nearing self defence and decency, it's like shooting someone every time they flick your ear, I feel the time has come for the UK and America to speak out vociferously against what is no more than mass slaughter.

The 2 governments may wish to condemn Hamas at the same time, I don't mind that but it's like we are actually condoning it at the moment, I don't like those representing me and mine condoning that shit.

Obama in particular made an absolute c**t of himself on the issue, focusing more on the soldier (who in fact turned out to be dead rather than kidnapped) who was missing rather than all of the wee kids getting blown to pieces. Utter p***k of a man.

The media in this country have been despicable as well with their blatantly obvious bias towards Israel.

I'll be honest in saying that the Israel/Palestine war has not been on my radar at all during the course of my lifetime, but it's impossible not to get angry seeing kids dying needlessly like this in such a brutal fashion.

The temporary ceasefires are a joke. "Hey great news we're not going to bomb the shit out of you for an hour.". So fucking what.

Yes, roll over you peasant scum and accept your overlords and rightfull owners of your land.

Bloody hell. I sounded like a unionist there. :wacko:

It was never their land.

If you havent even got the basics right then just butt out.

What if everything in their power amounts to very little? Would you advocate accepting the horrific conditions laid down for them by their oppressors?

Non-violent and non-war-crime resistance aren't "accepting" anything.

Was Edinburgh not a wonderful city and a fantastic capital?

No. I don't like Edinburgh.

Some guy I follow on Twitter is posting live updates on the betting markets. I've not got a clue what any of it means, it's about as useful as the guy I follow who mostly tweets in Armenian.

BuTUsnKIEAAAQa3.png

If true than that's a 4% increase for the Yes vote from the last Ipsos poll.

Darling seems to think that there is no shift towards Yes.

Hmmmm. 40% from 36% is a 0% shift eh?

well that 4% will be gone after that performance from Salmond tonight 8)