Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Make up your mind because frankly you are coming across as a bit clueless..

He is right though,more small bets have went on yes and more cash has went on a no vote, ie 100 bets at 10 quid on yes and 1 bet of 50k on no

The polls are the only thing the No side have going for them. It would be absolutely dreadful if they were to turn against them as well.

Where's Lex with his expert analysis? At least thepundit has showed himself (albeit with a piss-poor climbdown i.e. "the gap was always going to decrease"), but I think it's right we get the thread-starter's view on this poll which was supposed to be another nail in Yes' coffin.

I think as oaksoft alluded to, you can't trust any of them as their so different. The Panelbase one which puts Yes just 4% behind and the YouGov ones which blatantly take the piss and say No are going to romp it contradict eachother so badly that some of the polls are definitely wrong. Which ones? We don't know.

Is this a serious question?

Bookies odds don't follow likelihood of victory, they follow the numbers of people betting on one outcome or another.

If enough people were betting on Yes it would show a Yes win as an odds on bet despite the polls being the other way round.

Christ almighty. What the hell do they teach kids at schools these days?

Is that a serious answer? 58.38% of bets placed (according to Oddschecker.com) have been placed on a Yes vote, that's the total number of bets not the total value.

Does that suggest that the Big money is therefore being lumped on a No Vote?

See for yourself then come back and explain how your logic is correct?

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/scottish-independence/referendum-outcome

Cheers

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/scottish-independence/referendum-outcome

The polls are the only thing the No side have going for them. It would be absolutely dreadful if they were to turn against them as well.

Where's Lex with his expert analysis? At least thepundit has showed himself (albeit with a piss-poor climbdown i.e. "the gap was always going to decrease"), but I think it's right we get the thread-starter's view on this poll which was supposed to be another nail in Yes' coffin.

I think as oaksoft alluded to, you can't trust any of them as their so different. The Panelbase one which puts Yes just 4% behind and the YouGov ones which blatantly take the piss and say No are going to romp it contradict eachother so badly that some of the polls are definitely wrong. Which ones? We don't know.

Rattled :lol:

With what, four and a bit weeks to go, no has been ahead in every single poll, even in ones commissioned by the yes campaign and conducted by pro yes pollsters.

What would the yes campaigners have said had you told them that in May 2012, when the campaigns were launched? That with a month and a day to go to the referendum yes would be losing in every single poll.

As I've said since halfway thorough last year, it's over, and it's now simply a question of how much we are going to win by. 45% would be a decent result for yes and maybe they will get that, they certainly won't win though, hate to burst your bubble.

With what, four and a bit weeks to go, no has been ahead in every single poll, even in ones commissioned by the yes campaign and conducted by pro yes pollsters.

What would the yes campaigners have said had you told them that in May 2012, when the campaigns were launched? That with a month and a day to go to the referendum yes would be losing in every single poll.

As I've said since halfway thorough last year, it's over, and it's now simply a question of how much we are going to win by. 45% would be a decent result for yes and maybe they will get that, they certainly won't win though, hate to burst your bubble.

:lol:

Last year :lol:

:lol:

Last year :lol:

And I will be proved right next month :)

It became clear last year that despite a year of yes campaigning and millions of pounds of the Weirs money spent, the Scottish people weren't interested.

See my post above.

The bookies are placing odds by following the total amount of money placed. They are not trying to predict the outcome of the vote.

If you don't show a modicum of understanding of this basic principle this is going to be a short conversation my friend.

To be clear, I have almost no patience for idiots.

It's admittedly a character flaw of mine but there it is.

''If enough people were betting on Yes it would show a Yes win as an odds on bet despite the polls being the other way round''

Your words not mine!!

I think its clear from the above quote that its you my friend who doesn't understand the difference between the value of the market and the total number of bets placed on it. I believe you do now however...

& you're most welcome.

It became clear last year that despite a year of yes campaigning and millions of pounds of the Weirs money spent, the Scottish people weren't interested.

You're just Gideon and David's special little soldier aren't you? Bless.

The first haggis hopes the separatists will win, but is deluded. To keep the neverendum going he needs 40%, and that is all he can hope for. Less than that and he's offal

The first haggis hopes the separatists will win, but is deluded. To keep the neverendum going he needs 40%, and that is all he can hope for. Less than that and he's offal

Hey look at this guy. Awww, did you type that yourself? You're such a big boy.

Edited by HaikuHibee

Oh the Scottish people are interested all right. Have no doubt about that. The only thing stopping a landslide yes is scumbag better together politicians and their press corps and tv pals terrifying pensioners etc into denying themselves democracy. It's the great shame of our age and you know it along with the rest of your sort.

60 - 40 YES

Oh the Scottish people are interested all right. Have no doubt about that. The only thing stopping a landslide yes is scumbag better together politicians and their press corps and tv pals terrifying pensioners etc into denying themselves democracy. It's the great shame of our age and you know it along with the rest of your sort.

60 - 40 YES

Denying themselves democracy? Utter scaremongering nonsense. The UK will continue to be one of the world's great democracies after a no vote. If you seriously believe otherwise you need to seek either education or medical help.

Denying themselves democracy? Utter scaremongering nonsense. The UK will continue to be one of the world's great democracies after a no vote. If you seriously believe otherwise you need to seek either education or medical help.

Great democracies? Along with who? The US?

Don't make me laugh.

The number of people who are giving up on politics in this country (and even more so in the US) show that our 'democracies' are in serious trouble. Scottish independence may give us a shot in the arm but we would need to work very hard in this country to break that trend.