Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I think both YouGov and Panalbase are rotten - but that's to do with their polling methodologies rather than bias to one side or other.

I assume you're going to provide some proof that Panelbase's current polling methods are flawed, Ecto?

Otherwise, all you're saying is that Panelbase consistently get a higher "Yes" percentage than your favoured pollsters, but not giving any reason why you consider their figures to be incorrect. Without a reason, that's just an opinion, not a fact.

Who's to say that Panelbase aren't correct & YouGov are wrong?

the poll that they put out for the SNP last year, ruined all their good work and plaudits they got in 2011, but since you mentioned YouGov, I also have no faith in their polls either, so get the "seethe" back in check

You mean John Curtice.

Both sides seem happy enough quoting his analysis when it suits them.

Personally, I take what he says more seriously than any other psephologist.

It was shocking on the night of the European election count , when the FM had a unprovoked verbal attack on Prof. Curtice, how he remained dignified was a credit to him, but it is a fact that he is quoted by both sides as already mentioned when it suits

Ah you've got to laugh at the hypocrisy.

You have a "hard neck" calling anyone a "hypocrite

the poll that they put out for the SNP last year, ruined all their good work and plaudits they got in 2011, but since you mentioned YouGov, I also have no faith in their polls either, so get the "seethe" back in check

Eh?

If Yes Scotland had asked them to ask Scots "Do you like chips?" They would have done so. Whoever commissions polls can ask whatever questions they like.

So you say they 'ruined all their good work' they did by doing their job?

Yes. The wishes of 44% are imposed on the other 56%. But unless you are advocating absolute PR that will not change.

So you don't understand the democratic deficit? There's a surprise . It seems to be a really hard thing for no voters to figure out. Evidenced by none other than Mr.Darling screaming at Alex Salmond, "I didn't vote for you!!!"

Lol

No seethe mate, just a request that you provide some proof that Panelbase's current methodology is flawed.

You ignored the request in your response above, so I'll give you a second chance.

Otherwise, we're only left with your opinion as to their credibility, and I've seen nothing from you so far that leads me to believe your views are valid or credible.

No seethe mate, just a request that you provide some proof that Panelbase's current methodology is flawed.

You ignored the request in your response above, so I'll give you a second chance.

Otherwise, we're only left with your opinion as to their credibility, and I've seen nothing from you so far that leads me to believe your views are valid or credible.

you my friend have reached the very top of the list no one wants to be on the most tedious poster on P&B, congrats now go and bask in your new found fame, so on you go, toddle off

Who thinks Dr John Curtis is an impartial in this referendum?

Curtice is not bad. He's one of the better ones. Does say shite though...

What should we make of this dispute? Perhaps the first point to make is that Kellner is quite right to point out that YouGov’s polls appear to have fewer‘ passionate Nats’ in that they consistently uncover a higher proportion of 2011 SNP voters who say they intend to vote No.

you my friend have reached the very top of the list no one wants to be on the most tedious poster on P&B, congrats now go and bask in your new found fame, so on you go, toddle off

So, now that you're completely unable to back up your original point, you resort to personal abuse. Well done you.

be careful quoting a panalbase poll conducted for Yes Scotland, surely that ridiculous poll that panalbase did for the SNP last year, that had "Yes" in the lead which has been proven to be completely rogue, if Yes Scotland were getting a poll done for them, it would have been advisable to use a pollster other than panalbase, which lets be honest has continually polled the pro-Indy campaign higher, just saying

I assume you're going to provide some proof that Panelbase's current polling methods are flawed, Ecto?

Otherwise, all you're saying is that Panelbase consistently get a higher "Yes" percentage than your favoured pollsters, but not giving any reason why you consider their figures to be incorrect. Without a reason, that's just an opinion, not a fact.

Who's to say that Panelbase aren't correct & YouGov are wrong?

That is quite the humiliation ecto. You have been well and truly found wanting in this exchange.

Ridiculous deflection.

That is quite the humiliation ecto. You have been well and truly found wanting in this exchange.

Ridiculous deflection.

you are right I am not as clever as all of you, if this piece of news helps you all get through the night, then fill your boots,

you are right I am not as clever as all of you, if this piece of news helps you all get through the night, then fill your boots,

Its not about being clever - its about being honest.

Trying to pull the wool over folk's eyes isn't easy - even H_B and Adlib struggle with it and they're 'legal experts'.

Its not about being clever - its about being honest.

Trying to pull the wool over folk's eyes isn't easy - even H_B and Adlib struggle with it and they're 'legal experts'.

aye you could be right, I give up, that's me signing off,

Edited by ecto