Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

If we truly gave a shite about the poor across the world we wouldn't be doing things like buying sportswear produced in sweatshops across the world.

Await for the -

Keeps them in a job.

Gives them self esteem.

At least they don't have to worry about a zero hour contract.

Getting paid next to nothing is better than nothing.

Await for the -

Keeps them in a job.

Gives them self esteem.

At least they don't have to worry about a zero hour contract.

Getting paid next to nothing is better than nothing.

And they all have a level of validity but it doesn't mean we give a shite about them, charity begins at home, once you've got that right you can spread your generosity to the wider community.

I'd put it at about 90% but that's got nothing to do with which way you would choose to vote. It doesn't matter how many high moral reasons you assign yourself we all have an element of 'self' or 'ego' pushing us in whatever direction we go in life, this is no different. Colour me cynical ^_^

You mean people who say "it's our oil" are being selfish too? Well I never.

You mean people who say "it's our oil" are being selfish too? Well I never.

Wanting to spend the wealth created by your own resources on your own problems isn't selfish, it's quite a sensible thing for most countries to do.

Despite the vast wealth of oil, under UK management we have buit up an 8.3% share of a £1,3tr debt (and rising).Some people seem perfectly happy with that. Astounding!

Its 5.3m peoples oil. Doesn't seem selfish to me.

There's 60m in the UK. We weren't worrying about fairness in sharing resources and sharing burdens before oil was discovered.

Who determines what the number has to be before you move from selfish to altruistic?

There's 60m in the UK. We weren't worrying about fairness in sharing resources and sharing burdens before oil was discovered.

Who determines what the number has to be before you move from selfish to altruistic?

It's not about numbers, it is about waste.

What about our EU pals? Is it theirs too?

Its 5.3m peoples oil. Doesn't seem selfish to me.

It's partly my North Sea oil, being from the east coast with views of the sea. Why should people from Glasgow get the benefit and not me?!!! Edited by BerwickMad

It's partly my North Sea oil, being from the east coast with views of the sea. Why should people from Glasgow get the benefit and not me?!!!

Correct.

In so much that you know as well as i do that Scotlands' maritime borders were redrawn in 1999 by Blair.

When i look out with my fish and chips over the sea at Anstruther that's "English" water too. Game of golf at Carnoustie? Well, you get the picture.

The only consolation at this underhanded piece of piracy is that the stolen waters are fairly barren energy wise if very useful fishing grounds. Which is reason enough to be pissed off.

In so much that you know as well as i do that Scotlands' maritime borders were redrawn in 1999 by Blair.

The UK can do what it likes with the internal subdivision of its waters.

Edited by H_B

The UK can do what it likes with the internal subdivision of its waters.

Fair enough. Spin it how you like.

It's a hell of a big pool it's decided to share for itself.

The UK can do what it likes? Thanks for so succinctly making the entire raison d'être for independence.

You're a pal.

The UK can do what it likes? Thanks for so succinctly making the entire raison d'être for independence.

You're a pal.

No bother.

We are part of the UK. We make the decisions.