Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Most people on Twitter are quoting a Survation poll of 47 / 53 (ex. undecided)

That one is coming out today, the Panelbase one was supposed to come out last Sunday, so it will either be out this Sunday or suppressed.

Can't imagine they can sit on it.

Cameron's visit up here with his scaremongering about losing 1 million jobs might have a wee dent in the polls mind, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the following ones drop a little.

I'd assume the organisation that commissioned it can do as they please.

I don't really think Cameron has a negative effect on the YES vote, we don't like Tories marching up here and spreading fear.

Edited by ayrmad

I'll rephrase, it would be worse if someone sat on the results than if they released them. If Panelbase are known to be collating their results then for some reason those results weren't made public then the worst case scenario would be the assumption.

I'm quite happy for them to suppress them all 'til the last kick, always better to score in the last minute against a Goliath.

Odds checker has odds on a Yes vote as low as 3/1 and still shortening. This is a massive slash in odds. The best odds I can currently find on odds checker is 4/1. Has it been as low as that at any other point?!

So basically YES are no closer now than they were before the two debates?

Clutching at straws? We are winning everywhere.

If you had been told before the debates that after them yes would have made no gains.... Would you have taken it?

I suspect not.

I pity you too.

So, would you have taken it?

So would you have taken it?

Tick tock, sugartits

NCC types on twitter talking about the "highest ever" polling for yes.

What, except for the several other 47-53 polls survation have released over the recent months? :lol::lol::lol:

But it's all about momentum now. Who has the momentum going into the final 3 weeks?

Two polls released in the last week (YouGov & Survation) and both show a rise of the Yes vote by 4%. If that kind of momentum continues then Yes is going to win.

Enlightening stuff as ever.

Would you have taken no YES gains pre debates? Cause that's what's happened..

Would have taken nowt. Thought Salmond would be stitched up. We might have gained though.

Edited by HaikuHibee

Would have taken nowt. Thought Salmond would be stitched up. We might have gained though.

You don't have much faith in Salmond do you? He's clearly a better politician and debater than Darling, and these were his only chances to show it. I was expecting pretty big gains from yes during these debates.

Thank goodness there has not only been no big gains, there hasn't been any gains at all!

Edited by Lex

You don't have much faith in Salmond do you? He's clearly a better politician and debater than Darling, and these were his only chances to show it. I was expecting pretty big gains from yes during these debates.

Salmond is no bad though. The press are vitriolic.

Thank goodness there has not only been no big gains, there hasn't been any gains at all!

More polls coming soon.

Salmond is no bad though. The press are vitriolic.

More polls coming soon.

Surely people watching debates can make up their own mind? Why have such low faith in the people of Scotland?

I haven't bought a paper for years, and I never will again. Their circulation is a tiny fraction of what it once was, I think you're overstating their influence.

Yep, there's one on the 18th, that's less than three weeks away now. Soon indeed!

The Survation poll must be really disappointing for Yes.

They need something big to happen in the others, as only being where they were in June is desperately bad news after the success of the debate on Monday.

FFS, the naesayers on here were handing us ropes after the last Survation poll now it doesn't really matter.

Choo choooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

You don't believe that halving the BT lead within just a week or so is good news?

OK fair enough. :lol:

The BT lead from when? Survation had Yes at this level in June.

That's like being 10 metres behind in a race with 300 to go, dropping back 20 metres with 200 to go, then reducing it to 10 with 100 to go and saying "Wow, look at the momentummmmm"