Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

I've certainly no intention of gloating if we're sensible enough to vote YES, it's like being a manager after the last game of the season, you automatically start planning for the future immediately after your party.

Personally, I'd leave any gloating to the zoomers.

If it's a Yes then I'd want it to be successful.

If it's a No then I'd want folk to make sure that there was a united front on pushing for new powers - in my case I'd almost certainly back the SNP at the next Scottish Parliamnet election to do so.

You have to wonder what BT's last-minute engagement strategy is now going to be, having pretty much surrendered all aspects of public campaigning to Yes months ago.

If it does come down to an 'every vote counts' campaign (which I'm still sceptical of until we see a further push in the polls) then how are they going to throw up a grassroots campaign in two weeks?

You have to wonder what BT's last-minute engagement strategy is now going to be, having pretty much surrendered all aspects of public campaigning to Yes months ago.

If it does come down to an 'every vote counts' campaign (which I'm still sceptical of until we see a further push in the polls) then how are they going to throw up a grassroots campaign in two weeks?

Several reports are looking into the way people have been persuaded to vote if they were undecided, there was a significant number (albeit not the majority) who were swayed by the Yes campaign doorstep and posters/stickers. While people shouldn't be swayed by stickers, it seems to be the thing that has tipped them over into a Yes from being unsure before.

Now remember how the No camp is constantly pillorying all the Yes flags and bumper stickers as having no affect and all just a symptom of Yes voters being more inclined to show their support and that it wouldn't mean anything in the long run? Yeah, well that's not looking such a good argument now.

That's for national elections, not for referendums on independence.

Yes, but same rules apply. People will vote for what they feel is the social norm; or more precisely the most popular opinion. I'm not saying the majority of people do this, but a sizable number will do and to claim it's rubbish is just silly.

Yes, but same rules apply. People will vote for what they feel is the social norm; or more precisely the most popular opinion. I'm not saying the majority of people do this, but a sizable number will do and to claim it's rubbish is just silly.

Same rules apply do they? Do you have another course text to back this up?

"sizeable number" :lol:

Seems to be "focus on the Labour vote - get them out and get them voting No".

From what I've read today it would appear that "Tell them the tories are out at the next election" is the first tactic.

From what I've read today it would appear that "Tell them the tories are out at the next election" is the first tactic.

Yes, Milliband is coming up to deliver that speech.

So basically, vote No to get Milliband as your Prime Minister. Desperate stuff.

UK Labour only real tactic

After Ruth Davidson's comment during the last debate, I think it must be something the no side have agreed to go on. There was no need for her to make her comment about them looking likely to lose the next election.