Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Even when I had the least faith in this being possible, I made a note of page 198-200 in this thread for future bumping purposes.

Some highlights:

The British political establishment are now scrambling around in crisis mode, trying to desperately find a way to appease the Jocks because the lead that these fuds were cheesing over has been shatted. I'm not saying Yes will do anything but the shitting of pants is quite beautiful.

This ladies and gentleman is what you could call a Clown Collective.

I think they were called on it at the time,we'll be mumbling to ourselves 'til the next one that shows a dip for YES appears.

The British political establishment are now scrambling around in crisis mode, trying to desperately find a way to appease the Jocks because the lead that these fuds were cheesing over has been shatted. I'm not saying Yes will do anything but the shitting of pants is quite beautiful.

This ladies and gentleman is what you could call a Clown Collective.

It was either this thread or the other big one where we rightly compared the No campaign to Hibs' efforts last season. Right now I feel that Morton at Celtic Park is a perfect analogy for the other side. We were (rightly) given no chance of challenging, yet unusually got through to a closer finish. As of last week Alistair Darling (Efe Ambrose) chucked in a ridiculous goal which Dougie Imrie (Alex Salmond) converted: now we're at that 110th minute at an Old Firm ground moment - everyone expects us to falter now: the odds are still against us to win. We just need to hope - like that glorious match against the beggars - that they will miss open goals or dodgy equalisers for the rest of the remaining minutes.

And I can assure you that that final ten minutes of the game is hell on earth without a clincher.

Edited by vikingTON

Like then, I don't see the fairytale coming true at that time though. We still need Charlie Mulgrew and Van Dijk to miss utter sitters from three yards out to actually get a win from here. And we're hanging out for that over the next 12 days...

Nervous wreck already.

Fakkin 'ell, we finally have a horse race! :thumsup2

This is going to go either way based on the late momentum of the campaigns, whether the undecideds walk into the booths and decide "f**k it" one way or t'other.

I expect support for YES to fall in the next Yougov poll, 8% is a big swing in 3 weeks.

Mmmm, tell me how that expectation panned out?

I still think the polls are underestimating the Yes support as more than likely they don't canvass the schemes and old mining/industrial towns where Yes is wining 3-1 apparently.

I'm more than a little shocked by what's happening at the moment because the No side should be able to have a field day with the currency and EU accession issues, but the undecideds have clearly been breaking heavily Yes since the second debate. Think it's going to be decided by turnout and to what extent the Yes camp get younger voters and people in deprived areas out to the polls and could easily throw off the pollsters weightings.

Or YouGov have changed their methodology (from what a variety of folk are saying).

Panelbase which has always been the one that shows Yes support at its highest is relatively unchanged.

The other polls this week may give a better indication.

I still think the polls are underestimating the Yes support as more than likely they don't canvass the schemes and old mining/industrial towns where Yes is wining 3-1 apparently.

I was trying to keep feet on the ground, we're starting to sound like NO at the time when we need to stick together and sound like YES more than ever.

There's possibly some sort of Bradley effect too - consistently 10% of those polled refuse to say which way they are voting. If I were a Yes supporter that would be my worry.

they don't just pick folk off the street..... Its done via telephone and internet.... They definitely will canvass schemes and mining towns. I still don't think they are accurate given previous inability to predict the size of results

I was trying to keep feet on the ground, we're starting to sound like NO at the time when we need to stick together and sound like YES more than ever.

Fair enough. I'm still a bit pessimistic myself but to have previously 'unionist' pollsters now showing a Yes advantage is good PR as many, unfortunately, will go with the flow and think 'well if most are voting yes as are many of my pals then I will to'.

You're right though, we need to keep our feet on the ground, in all senses. Gonna head to my local Yes stall today and give a hand.