Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Glorious seethe-tinged scrambling for positives from the Yes folk after days of premature triumphalism and then crowing about a 53% lead.

Suddenly tonight the polls don't mean anything again!

I see the fair weather posters are returning.

Seriously though, while I still fully expect a no vote I hope that no gets a wee bit of momentum in the next few days, allowing a second yes peak at the opportune moment leading into the Thursday. Think the propaganda war from the MSM, Westminster elite and financial corporations is too strong however. What I'm sure of now is that the call for independence is not going to go away anywhere fast and a deep resentment will remain for many years, I think a no vote will keep the country bitter, divided and squabblesome while a in a yes vote no voters will be reconciled and largely be able to accept the future direction for the country, something some should perhaps consider.

Edited by Enigma

Aye and some on here paint a picture that Scotland is like Somalia already, it just isnt.

I suppose if Somalia had food banks we would be alike. What's the average life expectancy for a man in Scotland? I bet it's not far off some 3rd world country's. Also we have a government that we never voted in and some people work FT and are still below the poverty line. The only people the union has been good for is the privileged. People that work so much they make themselves sick get shat on from a great height.

Think the propaganda war from the MSM, Westminster elite and financial corporations is too strong however. What I'm sure of now is that the call for independence is not going to go away anywhere fast and a deep resentment will remain for many years, I think a no vote will keep the country bitter, divided and squabblesome while a in a yes vote no voters will be reconciled and largely be able to accept the future direction for the country, something some should perhaps consider.

I largely agree. It is always going to be incredibly difficult to achieve independence given the strength of the forces ranged against us, but the last few days have been unbelievable. Unfortunately, getting so close now means a No would be extremely painful, especially given how it may be achieved. If we do it this time, it will need the most incredible degree of defiance of power.

I obviously have a dog in this fight, but when you kick off a post with, "Glorious seethe-tinged scrambling for positives from the Yes folk", I don't think you should be surprised if someone points out that you do sound equally as triumphalist as you are claiming others to be.

As for me? I've said all along the polls are not telling the whole story, no matter what they've been saying. I've also been consistent with the way in which the Yes vote has been slowly gaining ground, and I still think that is the case. We've probably hit saturation point which is a shame as it's clear the mass invasion of the Westminster diddies wasn't done just for the fun of it - they clearly believe there is a risk of losing this.

It's certainly disappointing the amount of negative spin and pressure being applied by certain media outlets as well as some big businesses, but in essence the offer of independence can win over the doom and gloom fucknuggets. I am a realist and understand that there is likely to be a hit taken for becoming independent, but I also believe it's for the better, and currently the way the negatives are being over egged the pudding Westminster is promising is going to end up very flat indeed.

In a nutshell, the argument reflects the ARMAGEDDON call that was going to hit Scottish football after Rangers crashed (I'll write 'the first time' as you just don't know when they'll do it again) yet in many ways Scottish football benefited from that. There was the same negativity thrown around, prophets of doom and uncertainty were flooding out onto the streets ringing their bells and pushing their death carts around intending to pick up bodies right left and centre. Didn't happen though, and the same is true for a Yes vote here, the worst is certainly not going to happen, we just need to get people to realise the pattern that is being played out and to trust them that Scots can actually look after themselves rather than suckling at the very dried up teat of Westminster.

Edited by Casual Bystander

I obviously have a dog in this fight, but when you kick off a post with, "Glorious seethe-tinged scrambling for positives from the Yes folk", I don't think you should be surprised if someone points out that you do sound equally as triumphalist as you are claiming others to be.

Totally not surprised at the one-sided hypocrisy, correct! Forty pages of crowing about pro-YES polls followed by getting upset about one wee post dishing out the same. Come on, grow some.

Edited by banana

Totally not surprised at the one-sided hypocrisy, correct! Forty pages of crowing about pro-YES polls followed by getting upset about one wee post dishing out the same. Come on, grow some.

Are you missing the 250 pages of arrogant smugness from the nodrones? All I did was point out you were being contradictory, so to try and turn that around for it to be my fault is asinine.

Are you missing the 250 pages of arrogant smugness from the nodrones? All I did was point out you were being contradictory, so to try and turn that around for it to be my fault is asinine.

Yeah, I've totally not noticed the similar bullshit from the pro-No and haven't commented on it :rolleyes:

If the response to the triumphalist tone of the pro-No when the polls are in their favour is then a triumphalist tone from the pro-Yes when the polls in their favour, then it's the sign of an incredibly thin-skinned, knee-jerky and biased chap to take umbridge with my wee post. Not that P&B has a good number of incredibly thin-skinned, knee-jerky and biased chaps on both sides, of course.

Like I said, grow some.

As for me? I've said all along the polls are not telling the whole story, no matter what they've been saying. I've also been consistent with the way in which the Yes vote has been slowly gaining ground, and I still think that is the case. We've probably hit saturation point which is a shame as it's clear the mass invasion of the Westminster diddies wasn't done just for the fun of it - they clearly believe there is a risk of losing this.

It's certainly disappointing the amount of negative spin and pressure being applied by certain media outlets as well as some big businesses, but in essence the offer of independence can win over the doom and gloom fucknuggets. I am a realist and understand that there is likely to be a hit taken for becoming independent, but I also believe it's for the better, and currently the way the negatives are being over egged the pudding Westminster is promising is going to end up very flat indeed.

In a nutshell, the argument reflects the ARMAGEDDON call that was going to hit Scottish football after Rangers crashed (I'll write 'the first time' as you just don't know when they'll do it again) yet in many ways Scottish football benefited from that. There was the same negativity thrown around, prophets of doom and uncertainty were flooding out onto the streets ringing their bells and pushing their death carts around intending to pick up bodies right left and centre. Didn't happen though, and the same is true for a Yes vote here, the worst is certainly not going to happen, we just need to get people to realise the pattern that is being played out and to trust them that Scots can actually look after themselves rather than suckling at the very dried up teat of Westminster.

Not quite the same comparison though is it?

Risk to your football team versus risk to your job/pension/financial security.

It's easy to blame the MSM but they have had quite a few open goals provided in the shape of the SG's proposed economic policy.

Presenting CU as a fait accompli.

No detailed plan B.

Oil revenue estimates that bear no relation to reality.

I could go on.

If there were a No I suspect that there will be a lot of finger-pointing internally within the SNP. Salmond might take some of that flak, for example, due to his performance in the first debate. The other person who I think would have to shoulder some responsibility is the Finance Minister John Swinney.

Remember him? The invisible man of the Yes campaign team.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Not quite the same comparison though is it?

Risk to your football team versus risk to your job/pension/financial security.

It's easy to blame the MSM but they have had quite a few open goals provided in the shape of the SG's proposed economic policy.

Presenting CU as a fait accompli.

No detailed plan B.

Oil revenue estimates that bear no relation to reality.

I could go on.

If there were a No I suspect that there will be a lot of finger-pointing internally within the SNP. Salmond might take some of that flak, for example, due to his performance in the first debate. The other person who I think would have to shoulder some responsibility is the Finance Minister John Swinney.

Remember him? The invisible man of the Yes campaign team.

Talking crap. He was on the news on Tuesday. Now as there was no coverage of anything that YES were doing yesterday, that would be hardly surprising that he was hard to spot.

Always a major player in the public opinion market, the Fitba North polls went as follows...

With 41 days to go, the poll looked like this...
YES - independence from the Union 56% [32]
NO - remain as part of the Union 44% [25]
With a month to go, it looked like this...
YES - independence from the Union 68% [15]
NO - remain as part of the Union 32% [7]
On the morning of the first day of the month in which the election takes places, it looked like this...
YES - independence from the Union 57% [13]
NO - remain as part of the Union 43% [10]
With one week to go, it looked like this...
YES - independence from the Union 66% [23]
NO - remain as part of the Union 34% [12]

:rolleyes:

I couldn't give a flying fcuk either way.

Well it's good to see you're not upset about someone not giving a f**k either way :unsure2:

For someone who doesn't give a f**k either way you spend a good deal of time on here. What a strange little lad you are.