Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Anyone remember how for the past two years of the debate the London media were alway so quick to point out how support for independence has always been steady at around a third. Now they are giving it the "we always knew it was going to be close".

The larger sample size isn't large enough to make a drastic difference on accuracy, especially if there is a flaw in their sampling and weighting. Still think the pollsters are coming out with what is a very convenient set of numbers from a PR standpoint and find it more than a little odd that the companies that were previously on the low side for Yes like Yougov and ICM have converged the way they have. Looks like groupthink in action to me. I'd be worried about complacency creeping in and lack of grassroots activists putting a dent in the turnout if I were actively involved with the No camp. No will probably win but it's not the racing certainty it would be if the polls were something like 57:43.

Do the poll results dishearten people?

I just watched ITV news give us the result of 3 and all had No winning by a varied margin.

I was quite perky and optimistic earlier on, but as I head to bed this has killed my mood.

To be fair, ever since the very 1st poll I seen No have been winning.

It's just seeing it this late on that I'm losing heart.

Can the P&B masses recharge me please.

I wonder if Yes peaked too early around 7-10 days ago, just leaving enough time for Gordon Brown to come up and rouse the No troops. Not necessarily swinging undecideds, but at least galvanising the soft No's to get out and vote.

I think No are going to win by around 200000 votes.

I just watched ITV news give us the result of 3 and all had No winning by a varied margin.

I was quite perky and optimistic earlier on, but as I head to bed this has killed my mood.

Here's what you should do, you should change and vote No, and then when No win you can celebrate :thumsup2

Choking for renton's analysis tbh

Saw a post on Twitter earlier that said in the mori poll, no was only winning in 60+ bracket. 25 to 39 were solid yes while the younger and the middle aged were both split 50/50

Edited by madwullie

The polls mean nothing in terms of the individual vote. All any of us can do is vote tomorrow and try to convince other like minded people to do so.

The rest will take care of itself.

I think peter Kellner said they really haven't a fucking clue what's going on. The schemies will win this for us. They haven't gone back on the electoral register for the status quo.