Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Can they still do that, even though they split away from the TCCB in 1992? Scotland take part in the cricket world cup in their own right nowadays.

Cricket world cup ODI, we have recognition, however still not with tests. Gavin Hamilton I think was the last Scottish player played for England test (1 cap) & played for Scotland ODI (7 caps). Actually he played well in the world cup with Scotland, then got selected for the English test team after those performances.

No he can't. Whether a Scot can represent England is neither here not there. They are representing England, not Scotland. HTH.

This is a petty way of debating independence. We need to be above this playground stuff if we're going to persuade enough people to vote Yes.

I am a fan of the English cricket team. I don't refer to them as 'us' but I follow their progress and want to see them win.

This is a petty way of debating independence. We need to be above this playground stuff if we're going to persuade enough people to vote Yes.

I am a fan of the English cricket team. I don't refer to them as 'us' but I follow their progress and want to see them win.

I used to, until I was living in England during 2005 when they finally beat the Aussies. It was typical England, over the top reaction.

Good for you, I don't. I like to see them get gubbed. I certainly wouldn't use whether somebody identifies as English as a way of debating independence though and I'm surprised you managed to take that from my post. I was replying to a post that suggested that supporting the English cricket team also means supporting Scotland when it clearly doesn't.

Supporting the English cricket team clearly doesn't mean supporting Scotland - but I don't think anyone was saying that.

People really shouldn't be annoyed in any way by his comments (mature people, anyway). Having read it again I don't think you fall into the category of having a problem with his comments - and so I apologise.

Copy pasting this from "The away end" website that ran a poll.

Our poll saw a slight lead for Yes, out of 538 people who chose to answer the question.

September's referendum: Should Scotland be an independent country?

Yes: 48%
No: 39%
Don't know: 13%

Selected individual clubs.

Rangers
Yes: 15%
No: 79%
Dk: 6%

Celtic
Yes: 82%
No: 18%
Dk: 0%

Aberdeen

Yes: 53%
No: 33%
Dk: 14%

Dundee United
Yes: 50%
No: 25%
Dk: 25%
Hearts

Yes: 44%
No: 47%
Dk: 9%

Hibernian
Yes: 67%
No: 21%
Dk: 12%

Edited by wingsoverperthshire

Our poll saw a slight lead for Yes, out of 538 people who chose to answer the question.

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee United

Hearts

Hibernian

Dk: 12%

Rangers once again living up to their title of "Scotland's Shame" I see.

15% of "Rangers" fans want independence, that's hugely encouraging, I thought it would be about 2%.

It's quite interesting, I thought those on that side could swing it to NO but the other side of the divide are equally hardline for YES, so Celtic fans will negate a fair chunk of the The Rangers fans, pleasing.

No he can't. Whether a Scot can represent England is neither here not there. They are representing England, not Scotland. HTH.

He was representing England because Scotland don't have a team to play test matches. Same a Catalonians play for Spain. Until that day comes (and I hope soon),to play at the very top he had to pick England. Scottish players can do this it's the only way. Maybe we should ask them to change the team to UK since they also select Welsh and Irish nationalities also.

I always cheer on the ozzies, even when Gavin played (he played 1 test against SA, 2 duck and 0/63, never to play again)

ETA - Gavin the secret agent

Edited by SlipperyP

Rangers

Celtic

Aberdeen

Dundee United

Hearts

Hibernian

Dk: 12

How about St Johnstone, Perthshire, tory heartlands of Scotland :P

Furiously backpedalling after I caught him talking out if his arse.

And when was that Walter Mitty?

Let's look at the facts of your claims :-

1) "Polls were neck and neck 2 weeks before the election" - Exposed as a lie.

2) Following "research" - the Feb 11 poll was the only one prior to April 4th that had the SNP in the lead - Exposed as a lie.

You are a joke figure chicBurma. OK, you were utterly humiliated on legal matters - that is to be expected. You are a clueless buffoon with no legal qualifications at all - I would expect your litany of fails.

But being unable to actually use Google properly must be a new low.

2) Following "research" - the Feb 11 poll was the only one prior to April 4th that had the SNP in the lead - Exposed as a lie.

You are a joke figure chicBurma. OK, you were utterly humiliated on legal matters - that is to be expected. You are a clueless buffoon with no legal qualifications at all - I would expect your litany of fails.

Love it "clueless buffoon with no legal qualifications" VOTES YES "buffoon" VOTES NO

More fantastic claims from Helen. My recollection was almost spot on and my research backed it up.

When you start looking for the tiniest flaw in someones MEMORY from TWO YEARS AGO and then start shouting "liar" at them you become a caricature of yourself. Currently to this board your a source of laughter and thats before your legal opinion was exposed as third rate and demolished with regular ease. Your only defence against cited legal experts was the Reynardesque "I know better"

You are a cartoon character. A consummate blow hard who no doubt holds forth with great drama and gravitas amongst your unionist circles and clubs. Here your arguments and opinions will be challenged and you dont like it one bit. It eats away at you and you keep coming back to rectify it.

The problem you have is that you cant quite command the same respect you probably do at home and amongst same thinking friends so you start attacking the most miniscule of things, like a recollection someone has of events from over TWO YEARS ago. And after a few hours of googling furiously you announce proudly you have discovered "lies"

Here we have a genuinely tragic individual.

Edited by Burma

More fantastic claims from Helen. My recollection was almost spot on and my research backed it up.

1) Are you still claiming the polls 2 weeks before the elction were "neck and neck"?

2) Are you still claiming that the Feb 11 poll was the only one prior to April 4th which showed the SNP in the lead?

3) Which legal "experts" are you setting up against Professor Matthew Happold, Professor Alan Boyle, Professor James Crawford and Professor Steven Tierney et al?

Against them you have your dreaful Nat website that can't spell David Hume's name correctly and erm the Tarff Advertiser was it?