Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Scotland haven't got a test side. If they ever do I will support Scotland, but as it is, they don't. I therefore support the test side that are not only nearest me, but actually part of the same country as me.

Were I to support any other side I would have to travel to the West Indies or Asia, or even Australasia in order to watch my side play test cricket. Why do that when I could travel to Leeds or Durham or Manchester and support a team from my island and my continent. It makes no sense to follow another team just because England are our rivals in football and rugby, that rivalry isn't there in cricket so I see no reason not to support them. And trust me, when I first started watching cricket there was no-one involved with England in the least bit cocky or with anything to be cocky about. We've been success starved, a bit of cockiness during a rare sustained period of success isn't too surprising. Looks bad now though admittedly.

Plus I was named after one of England and Yorkshire's greats. I'd feel like I was betraying my name-sake if I were to support anyone else.

Fair enough mate!

Not knowledge, as thats impossible to know, but I reckon (based on an educated guess) that the hardcore vote is probably a bit over 30% for both sides, with them both pretty much equal.

Probably about right.

By my reckonings Panelbase will have a poll out in the next 3 days, judging by the trends we might have Yes at 40%. Then we can all enjoy XBL posting hundreds of smug gifs.

I thought it was agreed upon that their methodology is flawed?

I know this doesn't work in the referendum, but I don't understand why, in elections, they don't just ask say, a couple of hundred people in every constituency, that way you can quite accurately predict the winner of each and every seat, as well as the national vote. Surely if you could tell who was going to win each seat, then it would be easier than "assuming" that there was a uniform swing.

I'd love it to just get to say 35-45% decided voters with any reasonable amount of time to go.

The scaremongering, patronising messages and plain threats will reach hilarious levels if they really start shitting their pants.

High chances of No doing a 'Scottish Labour'.

Edited by SodjesSixteenIncher

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody got the actual article or link to the poll, I quite fancy a chuckle this morning.

30% want independence. 61% want either devolution OR more devolution. Essentially its much the same as all the polls already tell us that only a minority of Scots want to leave the union.

Are you still laughing? <_<

30% want independence. 61% want either devolution OR more devolution. Essentially its much the same as all the polls already tell us that only a minority of Scots want to leave the union.

Are you still laughing? <_<

30% for independence

32% for "Devo Max"

29% for Status Quo

Less, definitely laughing. Only 29% want what is on offer from Better Together. 62% for a change in the constitutional settlement.