Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

So yeah, I think there is a correlation there, even if it is a second order correlation. Going by the available data then I would agree that class will play it's part as well, those with the most to lose will always be the most cautious of change.

Yes, I'd agree with that.

I think one of the main areas of confusion is in people conflating a vote for the SNP in the Holyrood election as an indicator of support for Independence. I think that's a grave error. Popular support for the SNP from people like myself was in no way at all a mandate for Independence - more a reflection on the dreadfulness of the Scottish Labour Party.

Yes, I'd agree with that.

I think one of the main areas of confusion is in people conflating a vote for the SNP in the Holyrood election as an indicator of support for Independence. I think that's a grave error. Popular support for the SNP from people like myself was in no way at all a mandate for Independence - more a reflection on the dreadfulness of the Scottish Labour Party.

To be honest, were it so, then Yes would be miles ahead. As it is, I think that while there was no mandate for indy based on the size of the 2011 vote (albeit there was certainly a mandate to ask the question) I do think there is enough open mindedness about the concept in modern Scotland to be able ot cobble together a 50%+1 strategy. Certainly BT have a wider target to shoot at, a lower bar to hurdle. Yes Scotland's vector for success is narrower, yet achievable. I try hard to keep my own bias for Yes out when analysing things like this, albeit it probably creeps in, but as genuinly neutral as I can make it, my own thought is that there is still an achievable 50%+1 coalition for Yes. I do wondwer sometimes, if the drift to undecided from No seen in the TNS is so much to do with the actual Sturm und Drang of the campaign itself, and more to do with people becoming comfortable with independence as a concept, if not necessarilly willing to vote for it.

To be honest, were it so, then Yes would be miles ahead. As it is, I think that while there was no mandate for indy based on the size of the 2011 vote (albeit there was certainly a mandate to ask the question) I do think there is enough open mindedness about the concept in modern Scotland to be able ot cobble together a 50%+1 strategy. Certainly BT have a wider target to shoot at, a lower bar to hurdle. Yes Scotland's vector for success is narrower, yet achievable. I try hard to keep my own bias for Yes out when analysing things like this, albeit it probably creeps in, but as genuinly neutral as I can make it, my own thought is that there is still an achievable 50%+1 coalition for Yes. I do wondwer sometimes, if the drift to undecided from No seen in the TNS is so much to do with the actual Sturm und Drang of the campaign itself, and more to do with people becoming comfortable with independence as a concept, if not necessarilly willing to vote for it.

Yes, I have no probelm with there being a referendum. I quite like referendums in general and the SNP were certainly entitled to call this one. Call it the perk for seeing off the Labour Party.

My own view is that people aren't that interested. I think that's what I take out of the campaign and the chattering classes if you like. Thinking about work, people very very rarely mention the upcoming referendum, if ever. The Commonwealth Games (incredibly enough) seems to have caused much more interest to be piqued.

It's a bit like the much hyped EU polls. If you ask someone a question, they might well answer it either Stay or Go. But what they won't tell you is that on their list of priorities EU membership is slightly below getting more regular bin collections and that annoying hole in the road fixed.

You claimed there is no such thing as an EU citizen.

Kinda like citizen of the world type of thing?

Or is it like being a citizen of the USA where you come from one of the member states? Is the EU now a country or something?

EU citizenship is additional to and does not replace national citizenship. It is for each EU country to lay down the conditions for the acquisition and loss of nationality of that country.

What does that mean? Have I got dual nationality now?

EU citizenship is additional to and does not replace national citizenship. It is for each EU country to lay down the conditions for the acquisition and loss of nationality of that country.

What does that mean? Have I got dual nationality now?

What it means is if you are a citizen of a member state then you are a citizen of the EU. Im a EU citizen and that wont be changing if there is a yes vote.

What it means is if you are a citizen of a member state then you are a citizen of the EU. Im a EU citizen and that wont be changing if there is a yes vote.

It would if your country was no longer a member state.

Same as if your country was not in the Commonwealth, you'd no longer be a Commonwealth citizen.

It would if your country was no longer a member state.

Same as if your country was not in the Commonwealth, you'd no longer be a Commonwealth citizen.

There are absolutely no means in which to revoke 5 million peoples EU citizenship. Never been done and never will be done.

We will get.into the EU. The positive contributors to the EU will see to that.

In the words of the Danish government.... "It will be a mere formality"

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/right-of-abode/commonwealth/

Fucking yass! I'm ALSO a Commonwealth citizen!!!

Am I a NATO citizen too? Triple nationality possibly quadruple nationality.

Is this an admission that you are "thicky thicky shit shit"

:wacko:

I'll repeat for thicky thicky shit shits like yourself. There is no such thing as a citizen of the EU.

ETA: Just for the record, you should really learn the difference between nationality and citizenship before you make yourself appear even more "thicky thicky"

Edited by strichener

Yes, I have no probelm with there being a referendum. I quite like referendums in general and the SNP were certainly entitled to call this one. Call it the perk for seeing off the Labour Party.

My own view is that people aren't that interested. I think that's what I take out of the campaign and the chattering classes if you like. Thinking about work, people very very rarely mention the upcoming referendum, if ever. The Commonwealth Games (incredibly enough) seems to have caused much more interest to be piqued.

It's a bit like the much hyped EU polls. If you ask someone a question, they might well answer it either Stay or Go. But what they won't tell you is that on their list of priorities EU membership is slightly below getting more regular bin collections and that annoying hole in the road fixed.

If you're just talking about people in general, I agree.

And that's better news for the Yes side.

I think it's shocking more people aren't engaged in this. Maybe that will change with 3 months to go.