Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Hi Lex, nice of you to visit this forum. I like how, on the rare occasions you do come on here, you address the important issues and really get involved.

What a guy.

Sorry pal, I can't devote as much of my life to this site as you can ..would love to chat more :(

Imagine if yes did actually get a 50% + poll? Polls would suddenly be seen as extremely accurate on here I'd wager.

Edited by Lex

Sorry pal, I can't devote as much of my life to this site as you can ..would love to chat more :(

Imagine if yes did actually get a 50% + poll? Polls would suddenly be seen as extremely accurate on here I'd wager.

I don't need no stinking polls.

We'll win. I'm confident of that. How's your mob looking for their first 3 points this weekend?

I don't need no stinking polls.

We'll win. I'm confident of that. How's your mob looking for their first 3 points this weekend?

So if yes polled 50%+ you'd disregard it? .... :lol: You'd spontaneously combust.

How are we looking for our first 3 points?... Eh, cause we lost our first 2 games!

So if yes polled 50%+ you'd disregard it? .... :lol: You'd spontaneously combust.

How are we looking for our first 3 points?... Eh, cause we lost our first 2 games!

I wouldn't go apeshit the way your mob have.

Um, have you won a game yet?

I actually feel sorry for H_B here.

I know he's made a complete twat of himself with his dubiously-sourced definition - but do be honest the argument is like 2 bald men fighting over a comb. I think it's completely irrelevant in the context of the referendum debate.

The whole nation, country, nation state argument goes round in circles because there's no agreed defintion. By HB's own dubious definition there are several European countries that would not pass the nation state test.

For me the issue of self-determination goes beyond that - it's about a group of people deciding how they will pool their sovereignty. In some ways this referendum does provide some (but not complete) choice around the pooling of sovereignty.

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

Nice try champ, but I don't think I'll be taking lectures on academic merit from someone who failed to get to doctorate level and works in IT. Because rather predictably, you don't have the credibility to do so.

The Anthony C Pick of this forum then. Just let that sink in.

Eh, I don't think I'll be taking any lectures at all from a graduate in a second rate subject like history. There were those of us who were good enough to study elite subjects... and those of us who ... well, weren't. Like you.

Not that there's anything wrong with the likes of History, Geography, Fabrics and Fashion type courses - for those who, well know their level.

And I have already provided a definition of the nation state :- "A sovereign state of which most of the citizens or subjects are united also by factors which define a nation, such as language or common descent:"

You have singularly failed to do likewise. Not surprisingly.

That's not particularly aimed at VT either - there's been some toppers pulled in as "expert witnesses" by the Glasgow Law School - I'm sure Confi will post them.

:D

It's actually the other way round.

We've seen those who don't understand international law post utter nonsense on the subject, and be torn apart by Ad Lib and I as a consequence.

Hence we had cluless idiots (like VT) claiming that a Scottish secession would see the UK break up and two equal entities emerge. A return to life of the Kingdom of Scotland.

Eh, I don't think I'll be taking any lectures at all from a graduate in a second rate subject like history. There were those of us who were good enough to study elite subjects... and those of us who ... well, weren't. Like you.

Not that there's anything wrong with the likes of History, Geography, Fabrics and Fashion type courses - for those who, well know their level.

And I have already provided a definition of the nation state :- "A sovereign state of which most of the citizens or subjects are united also by factors which define a nation, such as language or common descent:"

You have singularly failed to do likewise. Not surprisingly.

By that definition several European countries are not nation states.

You are the worst of the ethno-Nats. :thumsup2

Edited by MassiveFanDan

Saw a poll for the Scottish Parliament on Twitter. It's an average of several polling companies, not all of whom will be using the same methodology etc but it's mildly interesting

SNP - 50 MSPs (-19)

Labour - 47 MSPs (+10)

Conservative - 16 MSPs (+1)

Green - 10 MSPs (+8 )

Lib Dems - 6 MSPs (+1)

Edited by ICTChris

Saw a poll for the Scottish Parliament on Twitter. It's an average of several polling companies, not all of whom will be using the same methodology etc but it's mildly interesting

SNP - 50 MSPs (-19)

Labour - 47 MSPs (+10)

Conservative - 16 MSPs (+1)

Green - 10 MSPs (+8 )

Lib Dems - 6 MSPs (+1)

10 Green MSP's?? Wowser. I'd take that - but how the Labour Party can gain is beyond me.

What nitwits are voting for their drivel?