Latest Polls and Latest Odds

Lex

Well, Yes voters have been tear-stained shambolic messes throughout the rest of the campaign, so I'm not sure why that would surprise you!

No, we've been the Faroese who think we can beat the world champions, we were beaten before we started, we were beaten the minute Cameron won the great argument not to have devo max on the balllot paper, we're in injury time and the behemoth still hasn't dispatched us out of the cup, will the diddies sneak it or will the big boys breakaway and deliver a suckerpunch, who knows, I think the diddies can win, you think the behemoth has already won, pleasing.

Not sure I agree with all of it, but interesting article from Craig Murray.

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2014/09/when-the-push-polling-has-to-stop/

I received an invite from the National Library of Scotland to a post-referendum debrief at 9am on 19 September. Anybody sober at 9am on 19 September (unless having medical excuse) is not part of the New Scotland.

Probably a fair point...

Agree broadly with what he has said. The last couple of times I have been home, it has been visibly more "Yes" than no. Everywhere I discuss politics online(A couple of other football forums and a few others I occasionally frequent.) it has been visibly more Yes than No. Amongst friends and acquaintances it is visibly more Yes than No. I understand that the demographics of the people I know and the places I go online are exactly the demographics of the core Yes vote, but even at that the numbers seem far too heavily biased to come close to matching the "official" polls.

Well, Yes voters have been tear-stained shambolic messes throughout the rest of the campaign, so I'm not sure why that would surprise you!

Nice of you to drop by. Your visits have been ever more fleeting of late.

I wonder why that could be, you fair weather soft arse.

Nice of you to drop by. Your visits have been ever more fleeting of late.

I wonder why that could be, you fair weather soft arse.

He's like the fanny that starts shouting once a couple of people have a firm grip of their opponent, he'll be waiting in the wings to wade back in if those people wrestle the nasty guy to the floor.

Still better than Reynard's effort,he just keeps shouting round the corner then running away.

Edited by ayrmad

He's like the fanny that starts shouting once a couple of people have a firm grip of their opponent, he'll be waiting in the wings to wade back in if those people wrestle the nasty guy to the floor.

Still better than Reynard's effort,he just keeps shouting round the corner then running away.

Reynard must be shouting really quietly, I've heard bugger all from the cantankerous old fascist in weeks.

I find this yougov poll a little suspicious. It could never be part of a conspiracy to help get the no vote mobilised, making sure that as many get scared into the polling station as possible. Could it?

No. It likely is partly due to the idiosyncracies inherant in YouGov panel and weighting procedures: they were always likely to be vulnerable to drmaatic swings as soon as lapsed Labour voters started turning Yes.

They certainly are changing, as this is what you wrote only a few weeks ago..

So tell me, are you claiming they are accurate or are you going to contradict yourself?

I think that they are accurate. There has been a recent swing to Yes and the nation is now within the margin of error. It could go either way really.

Blair McDougall has spent the last 2 years deriding Panelbase polls as an SNP front. Now all of a sudden he can't stop talking about them....

As you have spent the last 18 months deriding You Gov - not sure you still have the same issues with them? ;)

I see the odds for Yes have gone up again from the couple of bookies that I checked. It was 7/4 yesterday for Yes.

Paddy Power now 9/4. SkyBet are 2/1.

A couple of big bets on No from down south again? Or a reaction to the desperate pleas from WM of "Please stay...pwetty pwease"

The next Scottish polls are being eagerly awaited to see if they will confirm the shift to yes recorded in the YouGov one for the Sunday Times, or if they will show it was just a blip.

However, the Guardian’s Ewen MacAskill has been told there is little relief on the horizon for Alistair Darling and the no campaign: that the next poll to be published on Tuesday will confirm the trend.

How will the markets react to that?’

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/scottish-independence-blog/live/2014/sep/08/scottish-independence-12-days-to-referendum-live#block-540dc236e4b0678f1b1106d6

#scenes