Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

I've been giving it some thought and I still can't get into the whole 'RIP/thoughts with the families' mindset. It just seems mawkish and insincere.

Mawkish? Possibly, but understandable under the circumstances.

Insincere? Nope, don't think so - you can't assume that everybody is incapable of feeling empathy for strangers just because you are.

What does St Andrews day have to do with the independence vote or political point scoring anyway? St Andrews day has been around since long before Alex Salmond or talk about independence from Britain ever became anything close to realistic.

You think if it was xmas eve the dick would have said 'Its a black day...but its also Xmas eve..so!'

No chance.

They would have said something along the lines of "this is clearly a tragedy, especially with it being Christmas tomorrow" or whatever.

It's pretty obvious to all that you're trying to disagree with Invergowrie's point simply because it invalidates your own.

Some experts think it was the tail rotor that failed.

If the tail rotor fails in a helicopter it is bad news as the helicopter would normally spin out of control if the main rotor is still turning. Pilot appeared to have cut the fuel supply to the two engines.

Some experts think it was the tail rotor that failed.

If the tail rotor fails in a helicopter it is bad news as the helicopter would normally spin out of control if the main rotor is still turning. Pilot appeared to have cut the fuel supply to the two engines.

As many have said here, perhaps he intended to ditch into the clyde rather than have a out of control chopper possibly head into either the town or the Gorbals. He probably gave his life to try and limit the casualties as much as he could. Dunno if id have any clarity in a moment like that to think, id probably just panic.

They would have said something along the lines of "this is clearly a tragedy, especially with it being Christmas tomorrow" or whatever.

It's pretty obvious to all that you're trying to disagree with Invergowrie's point simply because it invalidates your own.

Im disagreeing with Invergowrie because i think he s wrong.

Salmond would nt have mentioned Xmas. He did mention St Andrews day.

Because he s a dick.

You're an embarrassment to the forum.

Did you and your dad run across the room to high five one another when you heard about this?

Just curious likes. You have previous for that sort of thing when aircraft collide with buildings. Just when we're on about embarrassments to a forum and that sort of thing.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Did you and your dad run across the room to high five one another when you heard about this?

Just curious likes. You have previous for that sort of thing when aircraft collide with buildings. Just when we're on about embarrassments to a forum and that sort of thing.

Are you disagreeing with my post? I'm not interested in making this thread all about me, so if you want to have a go at me, then go to my thread (top 50 best posters). This thread is about the events in Glasgow.

ETA, and thats my final word on your ad hominem on this thread.

Edited by xbl

Guest The Phoenix

Are you disagreeing with my post? I'm not interested in making this thread all about me, so if you want to have a go at me, then go to my thread (top 50 best posters). This thread is about the events in Glasgow.

ETA, and thats my final word on your ad hominem on this thread.

Simple question that is entirely relevant to this thread.

Disappointing avoidance by someone so low down in the Top 50 Best Posters.