Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

At least four folk are still missing...

A woman who got out alive, her pal went to the toilet just before the crash.

The jags fan who booked the gig for the band, his mate is still missing, I think.

Think 2 others have been mentioned.

I guess that's easy for us to say sitting here behind our keyboards but can you imagine the frustration and utter desperation of frantically clinging on to the hope that your loved one was somehow still alive in there while on the surface it looks like the emergency services are going about their job at a rather slow and steady pace ?

You'd have to drag me back from rushing in there myself !!

I'm sure they'll reflect and possibly even apologise in time but for now I'm not going to judge them - they are going through absolute and utter hell !

I keep hearing about these 5 steps after something like this.

I am sure one of them is anger. In this instance, who can the relatives be angry with, other than the emergency services? That will pass though.

SKY have to fill their programming, just a shame they sometimes choose to pick the wrong people to interview at the wrong time. The McGarrigle lad should have left alone, given the circumstances, not shown on nationwide television. Feel for the lad, I really do.

I keep hearing about these 5 steps after something like this.

I am sure one of them is anger. In this instance, who can the relatives be angry with, other than the emergency services? That will pass though.

SKY have to fill their programming, just a shame they sometimes choose to pick the wrong people to interview at the wrong time. The McGarrigle lad should have left alone, given the circumstances, not shown on nationwide television. Feel for the lad, I really do.

I actually don't think that the Jim Murphy interview should have been shown, the guy was quite clearly in shock!

It pissed me off they were then later interviewing witness's specifically asking about the human chain... You were at the door, did you see it... Almost as if they were deliberately trying to throw doubt on the guys account.

Not sure there's any need for a 30 minute documentary the Monday after the event, particularly when no investigation has been complete.

30 minutes to speculate what might have caused the crash, interviews with aviation experts etc. As you say, no need.

Sorry, I'm not sure if you get what I'm saying. It was reported in the news(possibly local radio) about 20 minutes before the crash that a helicopter had been heard with a spluttering engine, over Bargeddie. 20 minutes later the crash happenned.

Maybe the authorities do know, and are asking it be kept out the news?

I find it hard to believe a news editor wouldn't follow it up.

But as someone else says, it's been reported that it was in the south side prior to the accident... Not sure why it would head north east from pollokshields east, instead of north west to the helipad, unless there was no problem what so ever.

It had been at Larkfield Jn ( Just south of the M74 just after it goes Cathcart Rd) helping the BTP look for a trespasser.

What kind of person goes for a nosey at a death scene. Relatives would want privacy, not rubber neck goons gawping. Smurph, I'm not offended and you can do what you like, but some folk might be thinking that. Who knows?

Quite agree, the poor relatives must have felt they were in a zoo, like caged budgies..

The media coverage of this has been so over the top and crass. Folk on facebook and twitter love these things as well.

Indeed, the narrative that is being pushed of 'heroes' and 'the shock that reverberated around the world'. Scottish news editors are obviously loving it, they are finally getting a go at doing their '7/7'.

BBC reports a ninth body has been pulled out of the rubble of the pub and another person who died has been named as Samuel McGhee (the name was reported in some of Sunday's papers).

Also from the bbc article "Police Scotland said it could not rule out the possibility of more bodies being found." so the number of fatalities might go up still.

Guy drank in the montford before heading into the clutha, his regular friday night after work, i was speaking to him up till about 5pm that night, had he decided to have another few in the montford he might have rubbered the clutha and stayed where he was

Big sound guy, always cracking a joke or a story

Guest honestrae95

A wee jail sentence will do him the world of good, short sharp shock.

Aye, because our penal system isn't overflowing enough without chucking some wee bigot in, who would take it as an award. If you were to jail him, you'd end up having to jail half of Ibrox and Celtic Park.

He'll get heavily fined and probably a community payback order as well.

Aye, because our penal system isn't overflowing enough without chucking some wee bigot in, who would take it as an award. If you were to jail him, you'd end up having to jail half of Ibrox and Celtic Park.

He'll get heavily fined and probably a community payback order as well.

I couldnae give a fcuk how overflowing the prisons are when somebody needs a wee jolt, at 16 he'll be going to Butlins on full board rather than having the option to get decent stuff.

It's not like he's going to get hammered, a wee Spring break or something.

Edited by ayrmad

Indeed, the narrative that is being pushed of 'heroes' and 'the shock that reverberated around the world'. Scottish news editors are obviously loving it, they are finally getting a go at doing their '7/7'.

Has anyone else noticed that the crash date ends with the unfortunate numbers of nine eleven? (29/11) :unsure:

Guy drank in the montford before heading into the clutha, his regular friday night after work, i was speaking to him up till about 5pm that night, had he decided to have another few in the montford he might have rubbered the clutha and stayed where he was

Big sound guy, always cracking a joke or a story.

F**k, sorry 53.

Strangely, when people are personally affected by something (and I count at least 3 people on this thread with relatives / close friends killed or injured) a certain amount of human sympathy and tact is called for.

Those that feel it is either the place to make jokes, or political statements, or be "edgy" in the name of their "box-office status" are probably just illustrating their shallowness and lack of social skills.

Not sure why that post was in response to mine given my posts incorporated err... none of the above. Swing and indeed a miss, but I'm sure you'll get to try out your 'Pop Psychology for Dummies' routine again in the future.

Maybe, just maybe those affected are coming on here to chat with like minded people as it's the only way or means that they can do this , or share experiences or feelings of grief.

We're all different and although you personally think it's the wrong thing to do, don't judge others ( as you normally do), by your own opinions.

Try reading the thread champ: the people who might "feel the need to share" are the same ones running around hysterically demanding bans because some people on a vast public forum aren't affected by the incident, and for posting comments that are deemed acceptable as 'dark humour' in Scottish society, at every disaster since the creation of the Internet.

For the record, the rolling news coverage and 'wha's like us' myth is indeed crass and cringeworthy, just as it was after London 7/7 and the Boston marathon. If you can't handle this perfectly valid comment, hit the sign out button until you're ready to deal with contrary opinions.