Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Guest The Phoenix

My auld granda, who live in Govanhill said he heard a helicopter circling over head for a good half hour at about half 9. I'm guessing it's probably the same one. Do we even know yet why the copter was out and about yet?

Searching for a body on the railway line.

The BBC has the breaking news of the names of the four other people who died

Isnt John McGarrigle the name of the father who's son was on the tv desperately trying to get news?

I really don't understand what took them so long.

Apparently when the final ambulances left the scene today the emergency services formed a "guard of honour" as they left. Hoping that doesn't mean there's gonna be more fatalities.

That was for the bodies from the helicopter being removed, they had remained strapped in until today.

You fiance's cousin, lex, was she from Greenock?

Only reason I ask, it's an unusual surname. My dad recognised it as a family friend of his best mate.

She was from Knightswood but was a cop in Greenock for years. She married a fellow cop from Greenock a couple of years ago and took his surname, guess that's where your dad will know the name from. They were living in Inverkip.

What the hell has questioning the length of the naming process got to do with a conspiracy?

You'd be better sticking to the referendum threads if that's the extent of your input.

To clarify, those were 2 separate points.

The conspiracy part was aimed at the poster a page or two back that claims the authorities may have known about it beforehand.

She was from Knightswood but was a cop in Greenock for years. She married a fellow cop from Greenock a couple of years ago and took his surname, guess that's where your dad will know the name from. They were living in Inverkip.

Shit, the same family then.

Sorry for the loss fella, hope the in laws are getting the support they need.

Shit, the same family then.

Sorry for the loss fella, hope the in laws are getting the support they need.

Thanks again, think they're just wanting to get the funeral sorted but obviously having to wait for the post mortem.

My partners and Kirsty's uncle lives in Canada and he was over in the summer and they gave him a Scottish police hat to take home with him and he hung it on his wall. It hung there no problem for 5 months, but when he came home from work on Friday evening about 12 midnight here and 5pm there it had fell on the floor.

Creepy stuff hm.

Guy drank in the montford before heading into the clutha, his regular friday night after work, i was speaking to him up till about 5pm that night, had he decided to have another few in the montford he might have rubbered the clutha and stayed where he was

Big sound guy, always cracking a joke or a story

Jesus, thats awful mate.

Thanks again, think they're just wanting to get the funeral sorted but obviously having to wait for the post mortem.

My partners and Kirsty's uncle lives in Canada and he was over in the summer and they gave him a Scottish police hat to take home with him and he hung it on his wall. It hung there no problem for 5 months, but when he came home from work on Friday evening about 12 midnight here and 5pm there it had fell on the floor.

Creepy stuff hm.

Bloody hell :(

My auld granda, who live in Govanhill said he heard a helicopter circling over head for a good half hour at about half 9. I'm guessing it's probably the same one. Do we even know yet why the copter was out and about yet?

I live near the High Street and I quite often heard it flying overhead on a Friday night (and it was a common sight to see it flying over to the East End and back).