Helicopter crashes into Clutha pub, Glasgow

The Master

Looks like the funerals have started.

Is it just me who thinks the police honour guard and motorcycle outriders were out of order at the pilot's funeral?

The lack of a mayday call means it was almost certainly pilot error, so why does the public foot the bill?

Aye the pilot was so shite that they let him train a member of the Royal family. He also was a member of the helicopter display team and a pilot trainer. The fact that the helicopter was near its landing pad and that they always operate at low altitude tends to mean the time to react in an emergency is minimal. Well done for the most tactless, clueless post I have ever seen on P&B.

I'm hesitant to put what I've heard on this thread given it's a public arena.

Let me just say that there's a lot of speculation among people in the know that theres a lot more to the causes of this crash than what's been seen.

I'm hesitant to put what I've heard on this thread given it's a public arena.Let me just say that there's a lot of speculation among people in the know that theres a lot more to the causes of this crash than what's been seen.

Why so vague? If you've heard speculation, let's hear it.

Interesting to hear the police appealing today for more witnesses - particularly anyone who might have taken some video of the crash and what followed.

Do they imagine that half of Glasgow prowl around at night with video phones/cameras trained on the sky just in case something comes crashing down.

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Interesting to hear the police appealing today for more witnesses - particularly anyone who might have taken some video of the crash and what followed.

Presumably they imagine that half of Glasgow prowl around at night with video phones/cameras trained on the sky just in case something comes crashing down.

They don't - but if you don't ask you don't get.

Let me just say that there's a lot of speculation among people in the know that theres a lot more to the causes of this crash than what's been seen.

If its merely speculation then why not share it? We can judge it on it's own merits.

What will come out to the public will come out.

Keep it to yourself for now, buddy. Appreciate how sensitive it is to you.

Looks like the funerals have started.

Is it just me who thinks the police honour guard and motorcycle outriders were out of order at the pilot's funeral?

The lack of a mayday call means it was almost certainly pilot error, so why does the public foot the bill?

Oh dear, not again jock. :(

I would keep it to yourself as if the speculation can be traced back to anyone it could easily cost them there job.

Reports claim the chopper was plummeting and in a spin, are you gonna be able to raise a mayday during that?

Yes. Pilots are all trained in autorotation and emergency procedures.

Aye the pilot was so shite that they let him train a member of the Royal family. He also was a member of the helicopter display team and a pilot trainer. The fact that the helicopter was near its landing pad and that they always operate at low altitude tends to mean the time to react in an emergency is minimal. Well done for the most tactless, clueless post I have ever seen on P&B.

Whether you like it or not, pilot error is by far the most likely cause given the fact there was no mayday.

Also, if you'd ever flown an aircraft yourself, you'd realise that most (including the EC135 t2) have a hotas push to talk radio system.

Even if the pilot had been blinded by a laser, he'd still be able to give a mayday as his hands should have been already on the radio controls. If they weren't and he'd taken them completely off the stick and collective, it would definately be pilot error.

Says P&Bs resident air accident investigator. Fucking moron.

I do have a relevant degree, pilots experience and the literary skills to understand that when I said it was almost certainly pilot error I was being completely accurate.

No doubt you have much better skill and experience than me, so based on the available evidence you'll have your own far more considered opinion on the likely cause of the crash, right?

Guest The Phoenix

Quit yer bubbling Jock.

Even if it was pilot error (and that's pure speculation on your part), the guy's still entitled to be laid to rest without you besmirching his character.

Unless of course you're about to exclusively reveal it was murder?

Why highlight his team, f**k all to do with it, its his opinion, a fucking stupid and abysmal one but his opinion nevertheless

But highlighting his team is just a fucking piss poor attempt at pointscoring that wasnt required

Feel free to explain why my opinion is stupid or abysmal.

Quit yer bubbling Jock.

Even if it was pilot error (and that's pure speculation on your part), the guy's still entitled to be laid to rest without you besmirching his character.

Unless of course you're about to exclusively reveal it was murder?

It is speculation on my part, yes.

WE just don't know.

So bearing that in mind, why should we treat him like a hero when he could be the villain?

Why does the taxpayer foot the bill just because the pilot was in uniform?