Lets settle this for good...

Please think carefully before voting  

258 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its not that hard, the yolk is still a bit yummy. When you say four and a half minutes top do you have your egg in the water from gold and then time 4.5 minutes after it starts boiling?

Its not exactly, i think its because our toaster is shit but the bread doesn't really go that hard i just spoon it out and roll toast over the bits of egg, soldiers are when its a bloody soft boiled egg so i refuse to call them that :P

I have never tried goose eggs.

Anyway to answer the question, 4.5 minutes from the point that the water begins a rolling boil.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have never tried goose eggs.

Anyway to answer the question, 4.5 minutes from the point that the water begins a rolling boil.

yeah but do you have the egg in the water up until that point because thats going to make a massive difference? I only put it in when the water starts boiling ken?

yeah but do you have the egg in the water up until that point because thats going to make a massive difference? I only put it in when the water starts boiling ken?

The egg is in the water from cold and the clock starts at the rolling boil. (4.5 minutes on the boil).

The egg is in the water from cold and the clock starts at the rolling boil. (4.5 minutes on the boil).

Thats how everyone seems to do it apart from me - i have always boiled the kettle then put it on the hob and only put the egg in when boiling. Our eggs will probably end up the same in that case, after 7 minutes the yolk usually is a bit runny but i don't like it all over the place as i am a messy eater.

• 9 months later...

We are a bilingual household and eggy bread or French Toast is accepted but I don't think either name nails it. French toast gives it undue grandeur and eggy bread is not a term that sets the taste buds a-tingling.

Archived