The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

One day to go in the league, and all eyes are on the Premiership where Jagfox99 has all 20 fingers and toes crossed. He must be hoping that Frankie doesn't make an appearance. As do I - after a woeful 3, I'm a stick-on for relegation.

1-prem.png.d14a8c8c8ef7101932f9854a3294a927.png

MSU has a cinque (5) point lead in the SWL. AFJ is following behind. And there are sept (7) teams eyeing up that last promotion spot. 

2-steal.png.41e56164229a29503d5a3066b68dfdd2.png

Dyl still rules the roost down here, but the race for 2nd and 3rd looks tasty. 

3--bhl.png.e19e492df724a9e8e7389296d7134ceb.png

Dee Man Under 14 Boys are sitting pretty at the top of the league, although one has to wonder the commitment of some of the teams in this league considering more than half the teams are still to post a score. 

kids.png.0144360b5bd3717ca5cc4cc4a1413525.png

I can't concentrate at work with the threat of relegation hanging over me. Nothing for it but to do Friday's quiz the noo. 

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=7473&sectionId=1

1. Easy. But it'll mean everyone will get it.
  2. Again, easy for anyone who's studied any other language. 
  3. f**k off
  4. By sheer fortune, I was reading something today that compared an acre to the size of X tennis courts. It's taken me a good few minutes to work out the answer but I'm confident. 
  5. I've been there. Quietly confident again.
  6. Sigh. No idea. 
  7. Think I know this one although I thought I knew the Ernest Hemingway one yesterday
  8. Narrowed it down to 1 in 2. 
  9. Cricket. Sigh. 
  10. No idea. 

I got 6 out of 10 with absolutely no luck. See you back in the SWL boys!

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

8/10. Got the stupid Spratt wrong and flipped on Suez.

Might have helped if I hadn't read it as the flippin' Panama Canal. What a doofus. 

2 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

That's his entertainment for his holiday n won't be playing it again.

If that's all the entertainment you've laid on, he'll be looking forward to the school term starting!

5 minutes ago, WILLIEA said:

Knew 8 Scored 8/10

You'd think at least one guess would be correct, but no!

You only had 2 guesses! I regularly get 0 guesses out of 5 or 6!!

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Fri 4/10 uninspiring week.
Any cup to look forward to over the weekend?

Nothing in the pipeline. The original plan was to take August off to spend time with our WIGWAMs .. however, if you'd like to inaugurate an impromptu invitational Thailand Confederation Cup, I'm sure a few teams would be up for it, myself included!

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

Nothing in the pipeline. The original plan was to take August off to spend time with our WIGWAMs .. however, if you'd like to inaugurate an impromptu invitational Thailand Confederation Cup, I'm sure a few teams would be up for it, myself included!

OK. I'll try and get something put together tomorrow. I'm a bit busy as I've missed 2 days of work with a fucked hip.

Cool! Although surely if you're off work you are less busy?

I'll be back tomorrow at work. And delegation has not when as smoothly as one wanted. Its fucking Thailand, equals to herding cats ffs

37 minutes ago, BigBo10 said:

My late charge for promotion has faltered badly. 5/10 and I thought I'd done better. Always next season I suppose.

I've been saying that since this damn thing started...