The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

7 hours ago, Adam101 said:

have I missed the Christmas cup?

Nope. Trust me, NOBODY is going to miss the Quizmas Cup, even if I have to drive round each and every team's house and stand over them while they take the quiz. Other methods I will employ will include:

• Tagging
  • PMs
  • Naming and shaming on the "Heads Gone" thread
  • Replacing that fecking Nostalgia Mobile Phone Case banner with one about the Quizmas cup
  • A major radio, TV and internet campaign

I'll hopefully reveal the format tomorrow, then the teams and quiz on the Monday. Speaking of tomorrow, only 2 teams (apart from the AWOL teams) need to post - they are @Audaces Fortuna Juvat and @Goober Bud ... btw, it's another busy Saturday for your very own Cardinal, but I'll try and get all my ecclesiastical chores down in time. 

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Nope. Trust me, NOBODY is going to miss the Quizmas Cup, even if I have to drive round each and every team's house and stand over them while they take the quiz. Other methods I will employ will include:

• Tagging
  • PMs
  • Replacing that fecking Nostalgia Mobile Phone Case banner with one about the Quizmas cup

I'll hopefully reveal the format tomorrow, then the teams and quiz on the Monday. Speaking of tomorrow, only 2 teams (apart from the AWOL teams) need to post - they are @Audaces Fortuna Juvat and @Goober Bud ... btw, it's another busy Saturday for your very own Cardinal, but I'll try and get all my ecclesiastical chores down in time. 

Does that include your vestments?

• Tagging
  • PMs
I'll hopefully reveal the format tomorrow, then the teams and quiz on the Monday. Speaking of tomorrow, only 2 teams (apart from the AWOL teams) need to post - they are [mention=45629]Audaces Fortuna Juvat[/mention] and [mention=73258]Goober Bud[/mention] ... btw, it's another busy Saturday for your very own Cardinal, but I'll try and get all my ecclesiastical chores down in time. 

Last time one of your predecessors used the NOBODY word there was an Inquisition.

It's 645 on Saturday morning. If you're expecting any sort of league write-up, you're pissing in the wind. However, as a nod to Edmund, the league tables will be in 3 separate images. You're welcome. 

Here are the results. WD Caspian, slighty WD Dublin, Nae luck to the mods, Helpma is in the play-offs

image.png.974c413990173e058807f64ca57900f6.png

SWL- WD Leedsy and Edmund. gkneil is in the play-offs. Down below, THE CAPTAIN IS GOING DOWN WITH HIS SHIP (not sure if I've done that gag before) ... James goes down too, and LincolnHearts is in the play-offs - although he doesn't even deserve that after his team's abject performance last night. 

image.png.46be7404c441e3ef0b384d9afb9880ca.png

And in the BHL, well done to BIK and Adam101, Ross is in the play-offs. 

image.png.1c4fca44feef3422a905a3cae6cf0b53.png

Over to you @SlipperyP

image.png.aed9677c583ad430fb1abc161dec30f6.png

Quick note about the Quizmas Cup ... It will follow the format of the 3 rounds in the Ride Her cup ..

1. 4Baws (Monday 17th) - 

2. 4Sums (Monday 24th - all the questions are Xmas related)

3. Singles (Monday 31st - haven't done the questions yet)

There are now FIFTY ONE entries in the cup, and it's still not too late to take part (although if you're not sure whether you're in the cup or not, you are). 

I seem to have accrued more Old Guard members than I have young Whippersnappers, and this is despite my Great Auntie Ethel pulling out late last night with a recurring hip problem - which is a shame - cos she's a whizz at Ken Bruce's Popmaster Quiz on Radio 2. 

I'll do the 4somes draw on Sunday just to rip the absolute arse out of this, and to wind up Edmund a bit more about how there can be 51 teams from a 34 team league.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

@Cardinal Richelieu Ta, hope you have a nice weekend.

Evening all, time for the fitba' soon, so I'll get cracking on with it.

Wet Knickers

@Helpma v @gkneil

Pished Pants

@LincolnHearts v @Ross.

Question - Norman Manley holds the record for most holes in one.  What is that record?

Answers by PM only,  to be submitted by  Monday 07:00 TT

Good Luck everyone!

Thank you all for shooting the scores into my box in quick time.

Wet Knickers

@Helpma Assuming that Norman Manley some golfer I've never heard off, probably Australian, I'm going to low-ball this with a ridiculous guess of 13.

v @gkneil I’ll go with 20 holes in one, could be a bit high though......

Pished Pants

@LincolnHearts I will guess something out of the park like 50.

v @Ross. Never heard of the c**t. 30 sounds like a relatively huge number of holes in one.

Question - Norman Manley holds the record for most holes in one.  What is that record?

Congratulation to @gkneil & @LincolnHearts