The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, mathematics said:

8/10 for Friday. Fucked the mile question because I’m not an old c**t and fucked the religion question because I’m not a fairytale fan.

I assume you're referring to Mecca, That would be a geographical matter.

Image result for father ted that would be an ecumenical matter gif

19 for the pub quiz, total brain fart on the Statue of Liberty and didn't recognise a single one of the 'recognisable actors' - well, I did think one looked a bit like Martin Scorsese, but .... he's not an actor.

39 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Can I join this? Spoke to The Captain earlier and he suggested I paid The Cardinal fifty quid.

My ears are burning. Yes - you're more than welcome to join. And if you fancy doing all 5 quizzes for this week before tomorrow morning, we can shoehorn you into this week's leagues, much to the chagrin of some moaning c**t no doubt. 

http://quizoftheday.co.uk/archive/

And while I'm here, missing scores from @Salvo Montalbano (Thu+Fri), @Christophe  @The_Kincardine @CaspianChris @BigBo10 @8MileBU @Adam101 (Friday only) and @gkneil (all week). Probably going to do the league tables around 8am tomorrow so the clock is ticking. 

11 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

My ears are burning. Yes - you're more than welcome to join. And if you fancy doing all 5 quizzes for this week before tomorrow morning, we can shoehorn you into this week's leagues, much to the chagrin of some moaning c**t no doubt. 

http://quizoftheday.co.uk/archive/

And while I'm here, missing scores from @Salvo Montalbano (Thu+Fri), @Christophe  @The_Kincardine @CaspianChris @BigBo10 @8MileBU @Adam101 (Friday only) and @gkneil (all week). Probably going to do the league tables around 8am tomorrow so the clock is ticking. 

Some clock you’ve got there. 

And so to business. 

Well, he shat the bed on the last day of the season, but Leeds Saint has clung on to win only his 2nd ever Premiershit gold. His last success was probably before Leeds Utd were even in the Premiershit themselves. Very much the quiet man of P+B (don't think I've ever seen him comment on any thread), Leedsy prefers to do his talking on the quizzing pitch, and kudos to him for that. 

2 teams are tied for 2nd so will have to play-off. Normally, nobody gives a shit about a runners-up play-off, but since neither Mark Connolly nor MixuFixit has ever reached such lofty heights before, this should guarantee the TV cameras turning up for that. 

Down below, Salvo's absence costs him dear, and by the narrowest of margins, Edmund is down and Arch Stanton is in the play-offs. 

image.png.52baba577bc7f183b726a8bc57f9f6ed.png

Into the SWL, and it's Helpma helping himself to the top spot. Up goes Tynierose, edging mathematics into the play-offs. Down goes JamesP_81 and just one missed game proves costly for Christophe who descends into the BWV Memorial League. Despite a last season McFlurry, Moomintroll sees his short-lived SWL career in jeopardy in the play-offs. 

image.png.9131639af7a9eb109a1546fc263524b1.png

In the seaside league, CaspianChris's Russian mafia money sees his team of starlets romp the league, and pleslie99 is promoted alongside him. And unless I'm very much mistaken, that's Jacksgranda in the play-offs, only narrowing missing out on automatic promotion. I think there'll be a lot of interest in the play-offs this season. 

And finally, the wooden spoon this week doesn't go to newcomer Blootoon87 who is still adjusting to life in the big leagues after a lifetime in the HFL, nor does it go to Scotfree who booked his sabbatical a couple of weeks ago. Nope, this week's wooden spoon goes to gkneil, who disappeared for months, then came back for 4 days last week, then promptly disappeared again. 

image.png.afcfcb59c241bc3d43f8a1decb78b9b7.png

Now please be upstanding for our play-off poser himself, Mr @SlipperyP ... for this weekend's play off question ...