The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Shakespeare (c*nt) Reagan (probably a c*nt) and Roman Triarii (rich c*nts) wrong for a sexy seven to finish the week. As I am in contention for a play off, I shall have to log some overtime this weekend in checking the results. 

Unless we have a vote on league reconstruction to show those b*****ds at the SPFL how it's done

9 hours ago, Silky Si McFly said:

Entertain us with you story of woe

Well, the two winning teams were both regulars and very good at quizzes - and I believe competed in several other pub quizzes round Glasgow during the week. 

With both teams tied, I had to quickly think of  a tiebreaker questions, so I asked both teams to write down the answer to the question "How many goals were scored in total at the 2018 World Cup?". 

Suddenly, outrage from the woman in one of the teams who was absolutely leathered. "You can't ask them that! They were asked that in <some other pub> a couple of weeks ago", she squawked. 

I thought she was joking for a second but she was deadly serious. "THAT'S NOT FAIR. THEY'VE HAD THAT QUESTION. ASK ANOTHER ONE". I was the one holding the mic but it was a small pub and she drowned out everything else. 

I tried reasoning with her, stating that I didn't know that they'd been asked that question, and there is only a finite number of tiebreaker questions you could ask (this was before SlipperyP took up the mantle). I think I also asked her, tongue in cheek, if I should just read out more questions until we stumbled upon one she liked, which probably went down like a cup of cold sick. Eventually, her husband calmed her down (and apologised to me for her behaviour). 

The irony, of course, is that the "quiet" team couldn't remember the right answer and the "loud" team were closer and won the quiz anyway. Thankfully not the jackpot though. 

22 minutes ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Well, the two winning teams were both regulars and very good at quizzes - and I believe competed in several other pub quizzes round Glasgow during the week. 

With both teams tied, I had to quickly think of  a tiebreaker questions, so I asked both teams to write down the answer to the question "How many goals were scored in total at the 2018 World Cup?". 

Suddenly, outrage from the woman in one of the teams who was absolutely leathered. "You can't ask them that! They were asked that in <some other pub> a couple of weeks ago", she squawked. 

I thought she was joking for a second but she was deadly serious. "THAT'S NOT FAIR. THEY'VE HAD THAT QUESTION. ASK ANOTHER ONE". I was the one holding the mic but it was a small pub and she drowned out everything else. 

I tried reasoning with her, stating that I didn't know that they'd been asked that question, and there is only a finite number of tiebreaker questions you could ask (this was before SlipperyP took up the mantle). I think I also asked her, tongue in cheek, if I should just read out more questions until we stumbled upon one she liked, which probably went down like a cup of cold sick. Eventually, her husband calmed her down (and apologised to me for her behaviour). 

The irony, of course, is that the "quiet" team couldn't remember the right answer and the "loud" team were closer and won the quiz anyway. Thankfully not the jackpot though. 

Since you have brought me into it.

giphy.gif

I started the playoff questions on 10th March 2018

Which is 127 days before you could have asked that question!

ETA - I also asked the question on 16th June 2018.  How many goals were  scored in the 2014 world cup. :ph34r:

Edited by SlipperyP

36 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

Since you have brought me into it.

giphy.gif

I started the playoff questions on 10th March 2018

Which is 127 days before you could have asked that question!

ETA - I also asked the question on 16th June 2018.  How many goals were  scored in the 2014 world cup. :ph34r:

Can't argue with any of that I suppose :)

9 out of 10. Bloody Shakespeare. @Silky Si McFly needs a 10 otherwise the trophy's coming home to wherever Cardinal Richelieu lived. 

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu