The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

10 for Wednesday. Fell nicely for me today. Never seen the dish spelt that way but having had it before I guessed maybe it was an alternative spelling of the dish I'd had.

Nine for me - that last one was a bit fishy. I narrowed it down to a 50-50, then called it wrong.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

8/10 for Wednesday. Last two questions wrong. Reichenbach Falls is in a beautiful part of the world. Am I right or a meringue?

It is indeed. When we were in Switzerland 4 years ago we used the Reichenbach Funicular to get up to the Falls.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

It's roughly in your neck of the woods.

A couple of hours from where I am. Been in and around the area a few times on holidays and weekends away. The whole area is just absolutely stunning. I would recommend the Berner Oberland to anyone, though perhaps avoiding Interlaken as it’s more than a little fucking expensive. Brienz is at the opposite end of Brienzersee to Interlaken and a lot closer to Meringen, which is roughly where Reichenbach is. Just need to remember that the lake is full of water from the glaciers. Even when you’ve had a good few months of 35c weather, it’s still fucking freezing.

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

It is indeed. When we were in Switzerland 4 years ago we used the Reichenbach Funicular to get up to the Falls.

Nice wee walk if you feel more energetic too. Not a huge distance up the way.