The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

1 hour ago, btb said:

As long as it's a level playing field I'm happy to continue.

A little bit niche as I've mentioned, the high spot for me was guessing the number of windfarms in NZ correctly on Monday - Paul Hardcastle texted me the answer!

Also I got a little perverse delight at seeing those few scores under 3.33

Spoiler. 

53 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

We will head back to the fields of 10's as from next week.

This was just a little toe dip into our bi annual Team Cup in October, which usually sees a few heads gone (even red dots) and many a gif.

In the end the NZ quiz was a refreshing change, I'm happy to go back to the Australian (?) one which does seem to have been set for the P&B Crue over the last few weeks, maybe we could have a alternate quiz every month or so?

@kingjoey sorry perhaps you're right but I guess I thought everyone would've submitted their Monday score - oops!

1 minute ago, btb said:

In the end the NZ quiz was a refreshing change, I'm happy to go back to the Australian (?) one which does seem to have been set for the P&B Crue over the last few weeks, maybe we could have a alternate quiz every month or so?

@kingjoey sorry perhaps you're right but I guess I thought everyone would've submitted their Monday score - oops!

If you can find a daily quiz you're more than welcome @Cardinal Richelieu and myself have travelled the world looking for daily quizzes, sure we can find quizzes, but not daily...

I remember the days after the OZ quiz went to shot, he volunteered to set a new personal quiz every day. Now the dafty canny even post his scores on a daily bases. Some boy😍

btw its mothers day here in thailand tomorrow. I'll be treating the wife via the kids on a day out.

I'll let the league slow posters off until Sunday 08:00 TT.

few beers tonight tho....few tunes....Here one for No dances

Edited by SlipperyP

58 minutes ago, btb said:

The problem is finding a multiple choice answer quiz that gives your score on completion that is not behind a paywall. The Australian quiz hasn’t been posted on here for a long time due to Rupe’s paywall and I can’t be arsed typing it out into a quiz my friends format every day. I posted the current cup quiz containing some Antipodean type questions and there will be a few in the second round when I get round to compiling it. There were also a few in the previous long winded cup that dragged on a few weeks back. QOTD is what we are stuck with and most times it’s fine but the other week was an absolute scunner. It’s really the Grauniad’s fault as they stopped their online quiz not long after this league started. We then enjoyed a few years of Australian netball, Tasmanian parliamentarians, Chiko Roll ingredients when a 10 was almost as rare as tits on a bull or Dundee lifting the Scottish Cup. Then the wall went up.

35 minutes ago, Eednud said:

The problem is finding a multiple choice answer quiz that gives your score on completion that is not behind a paywall. The Australian quiz hasn’t been posted on here for a long time due to Rupe’s paywall and I can’t be arsed typing it out into a quiz my friends format every day. I posted the current cup quiz containing some Antipodean type questions and there will be a few in the second round when I get round to compiling it. There were also a few in the previous long winded cup that dragged on a few weeks back. QOTD is what we are stuck with and most times it’s fine but the other week was an absolute scunner. It’s really the Grauniad’s fault as they stopped their online quiz not long after this league started. We then enjoyed a few years of Australian netball, Tasmanian parliamentarians, Chiko Roll ingredients when a 10 was almost as rare as tits on a bull or Dundee lifting the Scottish Cup. Then the wall went up.

And to add, every old skool quizzer will know the map of Japan better than the US Military in 1944

6 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

If you can find a daily quiz you're more than welcome @Cardinal Richelieu and myself have travelled the world looking for daily quizzes, sure we can find quizzes, but not daily...

I remember the days after the OZ quiz went to shot, he volunteered to set a new personal quiz every day. Now the dafty canny even post his scores on a daily bases. Some boy😍

Hahaha. Yes. Those were the days when I had a 9-5 job sitting in front of a PC with all the time in the world. Now that I'm working as a tour guide and working on various other projects (which makes it sound a lot more exciting than it actually is), I barely have time to even take confessions any more (I'll always make the exception for you Slippery, your tales are the stuff of legends). 

6 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Hahaha. Yes. Those were the days when I had a 9-5 job sitting in front of a PC with all the time in the world. Now that I'm working as a tour guide and working on various other projects (which makes it sound a lot more exciting than it actually is), I barely have time to even take confessions any more (I'll always make the exception for you Slippery, your tales are the stuff of legends). 

Respect man, I was a manager of about 15 tour guides here in the past days, and on many occasion I would have to step up to the plate.  It's a hard gig.

Now I run around a warehouse, waking up workers.