The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

4 hours ago, The DA said:

7 for Friday.  I need to brush up on flags, tennis and 7th wives.  Anyone got any 7th wives that need brushing up?  I'll start with first wives if necessary and work my way up.

I came within a baw hair of having a third wife.  Sadly, said baw hair came from some bloke she was squired by when visiting her 'family' in Manila...

8/10 to finish the week.  Some free hits there.

Survived the heat to end the week with 7/10, Went wrong 50/50 for Zumba plus Harry Hope & Greek bad guesses.

I've now experience 8 of the top 10 hottest January days in Adelaide. You can see from the local paper "The Advertiser", same owner as "The Australia" how they can sometimes f**k up questions or answers.  I'll give the writer the benefit of the doubt that he/she meant to include "...in January" or ".. today" or the like or more likely they don't have a fucking clue how hot it can get in the Middle East in summer. 

"The mercury reached 46.6C at the city’s West Tce station at 3.36pm, breaking the previous record of 46.1C, which was set on January 12, 1939, earning Adelaide the title of the hottest city on the planet."

9 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Tynienrose, The Captain and I are heading through to the Voodoo Lounge in Edinburgh on Wed 6th March to participate in their pub quiz ... we've not been before but it's run by Frankie S (ex of this thread) but we need a 4th to guarantee victory (4 is the maximum). Not sure what the quiz is like, although I'm pretty sure questions on Aussie reality TV stars will be thin on the ground. Anyone fancy joining us? If nothing else, you'll get to attend Tynierose's masterclass in avoiding a round. 

if you are struggling and want someone who will buy a round and probably get one question right then I'm in if not (if you get anyone else who can breath) then go for them.

P.S 7 for Friday!!

5/10 for Friday. First 3 right, then faded away.

ETA: It might help if I read the questions correctly. (It would help a lot more if I answered them correctly, of course.)

Edited by Jacksgranda

Friday 8/10. I informed the Cardy last night, but he then informed me he was in his cups and would probably forget, just as I have now forgotten which two questions beat me.

In fact, given he was pished, put me down for 17/10 please.