The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

CUP RESULTS TIME
There were some meaty ties in the Last 16.
Salvo Montalbano struggled to a 4 but that was enough to see off Blootoon87, who only managed 2
Adam101 and German Jag contrived to draw 6-6, so will need to face the penalty shootout question.
pleslie99 v Eednud was a battle of two league heavyweights, with the Aussie Dee sneaking through 9-8 in a tie worthy of it's billing.
Arch Stanton fired in an 8 early doors, which meant NJ2 didn't bother showing up. (He may have played under an alias, but none of those scores were high enough anyway)
In the battle of the mods, Cardinal Richelieu has been telling us that the leage tables now contain 35% fewer mistakes. Sadly his cup score contained 50% more mistakes than Tynierose, who won 6-4.
The_Kincardine hammered Snobot 8-3. It's as simple as that.
The DA, like a good Arab, went for the recent United approach to cups, and was shite. Leeds Saint put in an average performance and won 5-2.
In the final tie of the round, Moomintroll threatened to give up quizzing if he lost to 8MileBU, who beat him 7-6. We await Moomintroll's next move with interest.

Penalty shootout question
The first ever rugby penalty shootout occurred between Leicester Tigers and Cardiff Blues in the Heineken Cup semifinal in 2009.
[mention=66969]Adam101[/mention] and [mention=8056]German Jag[/mention] - who won and what was the score in the shootout? Answers PMed by midnight tonight, por favor.
The next round will be posted once this is sorted out.

Sorry neebs, forgot about the cup. Not a reflection in the organisation, just otherwise engaged unfortunately. Best of luck to Arch Stanton.

A momentous day in Michigan State University (if that is indeed what MSU stands for), as MSU clinches his 19th gold gong to become the most decorated team in P+B history. And all without the use of EBTs. Arch Stanton continues his rich vein of form and is awarded a off-gold 2nd place medal for his efforts. And newcomer Silky Si McFly is awarded for his valiant effort in getting to 3rd place with hee-haw. 

At the other end, TCOTTOTCCDS - The Curse of the Team Organising the Cup Competition Doing Shite in the League  strikes again with Mark Connolly going down on Moomintroll and geaky. Tynierose and 8MileBU are both tied for the play-off spot, so it'll be up to Our Man in Bangkok to sort that one out. 

image.png.e52f5f57f5ebf4f19245b045fc276e89.png

In the SWL, the 2nd most decorated team in P+B history, Alang1993, clinches another silver gong, narrowly narrowing out Salvo. And why it's lil ol' me promoted in 3rd place. Leedsy is in the play-offs. At the other end, deej failed to show up for his final game and down he goes. JamesP_81 is also relegated. Three teams are tied on 35 points, but quizzing rules decree that The Captain goes down with the ship, Ross is in the play-offs and German Jag - despite his shite score on Tuesday, gets to stay up. 

image.png.3cab41d4473cb54fe1254ed9dc44e093.png

And in the BHL, the least decorated team in P+B history, MixuFixit, finally lifts a piece of bronzeware to silence his critics and prove once and for all that even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day... (just kidding, 45 is a fine score - and indeed was the winning score in all 3 leagues this week). NotThePars and CaspianChris go up, and Snobot  gets another dig at the play-offs (I think I might have accidentally put him in the play-offs last season, but this season is definitely correct cos I've resolved to make no more mistakes). 

image.png.60fc1d887f3f7f90f80043bfeacd6fc8.png

A busy week for @SlipperyP. Not only does he have to pose the play-off question, but he also has to find somewhere on his mantlepiece for the wooden spoon that I believe Jacksgranda is going to award him. 

16 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

9 for Friday, I have to take issue with Q10, the correct answer isn't one of the options.

Yes, noticed that too, but didn't want to flag it up, in case it gave away the answer. Mind you, any Scotsman who got that wrong...

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

At the other end, TCOTTOTCCDS - The Curse of the Team Organising the Cup Competition Doing Shite in the League  strikes again with Mark Connolly going down on Moomintroll and geaky. Tynierose and 8MileBU are both tied for the play-off spot, so it'll be up to Our Man in Bangkok to sort that one out. 

Image result for Kenneth Williams

Guest Moomintroll
kenneth-williams-00f267e5-4417-41c3-a10f-b989e80a4b8-resize-750.jpeg&key=f18fbf817404304a29fa8ed2dd96adb99db14c18ba88991571af41a51a4b7b17
Yes that did concern me somewhat, I am sure I would have noticed. I might follow the lead of that Russian lad and sue@Div as it his fault I have suddenly turned gay, Snorkmaiden is delighted which seems a bit harsh.

@Cardinal RichelieuBangkok? it's about 80 miles from where I live. That's like me saying how's life in Dundee.  It leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Scores look good this week :rolleyes:

Right Gunners, let's go;

Slavering Lunatics strapped to their seats this weekend are;

3 Baby Strollers

@Tynierose v @8MileBU v @Leeds Saint

2 Weeks Controlled Crying

@Ross. v @Snobot

Question - What is the longest human pregnancy in days before birth?

Answers to be pushed into my PM box no later than Monday 06:00 TT.

Good Luck

@Jacksgranda, thanks. How many times before I get to keep it and they can bring out a new spoon, like they do for the Fitba world cup?

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

@Jacksgranda, thanks. How many times before I get to keep it and they can bring out a new spoon, like they do for the Fitba world cup?

I think you need to ask @Cardinal Richelieu, he makes The Rules. Rules? :lol:

Guest Moomintroll

After careful consideration and consultation with the Board of Directors, it has been decided that following our unfortunate relegation that this is a time for consolidation in Moominvalley & that any further disruption will have a negative effect on what we are trying to achieve as a fictional construct. Therefore Moomintroll will continue to participate in future quizzes and the removal of low quality Spanish Vodka & the subsequent replacement of Glen Catrines finest spirit will result in a substantial improvement in performance hereafter. Any sudden red dot activity around @8MileBU will be entirely coincidental & probably all that Nesbit b*****ds fault.

4 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

30% fewer errors, 100% more outrageous accusations.

Meanwhile, in the CUP...

Adam101 and German Jag were asked:

The first ever rugby penalty shootout occurred between Leicester Tigers and Cardiff Blues in the Heineken Cup semifinal in 2009 - who won and what was the score in the shootout?

German Jag said 5-4 Leicester, Adam101 said 6-5 Leicester. The correct answer was 7-6 Leicester, so Adam101 sneaks through to the quarter final, which will be posted later today.

4 hours ago, SlipperyP said:

@Cardinal RichelieuBangkok? it's about 80 miles from where I live. That's like me saying how's life in Dundee.  It leaves a sour taste in the mouth. Scores look good this week :rolleyes:

Right Gunners, let's go;

Slavering Lunatics strapped to their seats this weekend are;

3 Baby Strollers

@Tynierose v @8MileBU v @Leeds Saint

2 Weeks Controlled Crying

@Ross. v @Snobot

Question - What is the longest human pregnancy in days before birth?

Answers to be pushed into my PM box no later than Monday 06:00 TT.

Good Luck

Answer submitted.

QUIZ CUP QUARTERFINAL

With no babysitting duties, I had to find another way to make the draw. Everyone was seeded from highest score to lowest, with 1 playing 8, 2 v 7, etc.

The ties are:

@Eednud v @Salvo Montalbano

@Arch Stanton v @Leeds Saint

@The_Kincardine v @Adam101

@8MileBU v @Tynierose

Quiz link - www.quizyourfriends.com/take-quiz.php?id=1910051408014189&lnk&

Answers PMed by 11.59pm on Sunday night please.

For anyone wondering what the Aussie hockey player from the last round looks like, here she is: