The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

It's well past the deadline so hard luck to those from the Premiership & SWL who didn't bother reading the fine print.

In the big league it's congratulation to @Mark Connolly on winning it with @Arch Stanton 1 point behind and @Leeds Saint a further 2 adrift.  At the bottom it's non-fine print reader @MSU with @Tynierose also going down despite a last day 10 and myself on QD with @Helpma in the play-off with @Adamski avoiding it thanks to QD.

A controversial SWL this week with an inability to comply with this week's rules for some. Winner is @Salvo Montalbano by 1 point from joint 2nd place @MixuFixit & @Ross with @Moomintroll in the play-off spot. Down go @The_Kincardine who didn't show up due to being Modified. Also collecting buckets and spades are fine print culprits @NotThePars and @CaspianChris with @wastecoatwilly into the play-off.

This week's BWV champion is our lecher leader and fresh from avoiding a Spanish Inquisition, which nobody expects, is @Cardinal Richelieu 1 pt above @pleslie99 with @blackislekillie 1 pt further behind also promoted on QD from @NJ2 who is in the play-off. The Wooden Spoon returns to it's favourite home with @Jacksgranda having a worse QD than @SlipperyP

That's all folks so it's over to @SlipperyP to set the play-off question/s and also decide if it's worthwhile having one for the SWL 2nd place.

Prem.JPG

swl.JPG

bwv.JPG

@Eednud, This timeline is great  for me, well played and congratulation in your team winning the soccer cup. 4 scud not. Such an emotional week for you all round.

Just a wee correction, both @blackislekillie & @NJ2 are on the same QD.

Some of you may still be up to so go for it....PLay Off Time!

This weeks casting members;

This is s playoff to see who gets promoted and who gets in the playoff

@blackislekillie v @NJ2

Question - Population of Methil in Fife?

This question is for the 2 players above only.

Please answer this and the X rated playoff on the same PM. Thanks.

Golden Globe Play Off

@Helpma v @Moomintroll

X Rated Play Off

@wastecoatwilly v @NJ2 or @blackislekillie

Question - Laurel & Hardy films. How many did they appear in as a double act?

Answers to be screened to my PM no latter than Monday 07:00 TT

Good Luck

Edited by SlipperyP

[mention=44974]Eednud[/mention], This timeline is great  for me, well played and congratulation in your team winning the soccer cup. 4 scud not. Such an emotional week for you all round.
Just a wee correction, both [mention=69456]blackislekillie[/mention] & [mention=73487]NJ2[/mention] are on the same QD.
Some of you may still be up to so go for it....PLay Off Time!
This weeks casting members;
[mention=69456]blackislekillie[/mention] v [mention=73487]NJ2[/mention]
Please answer this and the X rated playoff on the same PM. Thanks.
Golden Globe Play Off
[mention=16108]Helpma[/mention] v [mention=72852]Moomintroll[/mention]
X Rated Play Off
[mention=50998]wastecoatwilly[/mention] v [mention=73487]NJ2[/mention] or [mention=69456]blackislekillie[/mention]
Answers to be screened to my PM no latter than Monday 07:00 TT
Good Luck

You’re richt wrang enough with the QD and even had them marked as 3rd equal. Thanks for spotting that.

8/10 - should have got the Pergamon one.

Meant to get back to you earlier. Were you just passing through or looking to join the League? New season starts on Monday. First person to do the quiz on any day must post the link to that day’s quiz. @Cardinal Richelieu is the organiser, except when he pretends to be on a retreat or pilgrimage (aka getting blootered). Not that we need another DAB but welcome aboard if you decide to join in.

5 hours ago, Eednud said:

It's well past the deadline so hard luck to those from the Premiership & SWL who didn't bother reading the fine print.

In the big league it's congratulation to @Mark Connolly on winning it with @Arch Stanton 1 point behind and @Leeds Saint a further 2 adrift.  At the bottom it's non-fine print reader @MSU with @Tynierose also going down despite a last day 10 and myself on QD with @Helpma in the play-off with @Adamski avoiding it thanks to QD.

A controversial SWL this week with an inability to comply with this week's rules for some. Winner is @Salvo Montalbano by 1 point from joint 2nd place @MixuFixit & @Ross with @Moomintroll in the play-off spot. Down go @The_Kincardine who didn't show up due to being Modified. Also collecting buckets and spades are fine print culprits @NotThePars and @CaspianChris with @wastecoatwilly into the play-off.

This week's BWV champion is our lecher leader and fresh from avoiding a Spanish Inquisition, which nobody expects, is @Cardinal Richelieu 1 pt above @pleslie99 with @blackislekillie 1 pt further behind also promoted on QD from @NJ2 who is in the play-off. The Wooden Spoon returns to it's favourite home with @Jacksgranda having a worse QD than @SlipperyP

That's all folks so it's over to @SlipperyP to set the play-off question/s and also decide if it's worthwhile having one for the SWL 2nd place.

Prem.JPG

swl.JPG

bwv.JPG

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Eednud said:

Prem.JPG

swl.JPG

bwv.JPG

Pig's tits.

Thanks to @Eednud for doing the tables and his commentary (And, for all his faults thanks to @Cardinal Richelieu also for the other weeks) but special thanks to @SlipperyP for asking the play off questions every week, always fascinating. (Not that I ever have to answer them, you understand...)

1 minute ago, Adam101 said:

A year ago the highest score in the league was 33 a score that now would see you relegated from the top 2 leagues and finish mid table in the thickos league. How times change!

It's all the razzamatazz now. High scoring, big sponsors need the viewing figures.

Back in the day, a league was won with pure grit and determination. 10's were celebrated (not me) like a moon landing.  People still don't think it really happened.  Team didn't even have badges ffs.

13 minutes ago, Adam101 said:

A year ago the highest score in the league was 33 a score that now would see you relegated from the top 2 leagues and finish mid table in the thickos league. How times change!

Greatest quiz league in the world.

4 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

It's all the razzamatazz now. High scoring, big sponsors need the viewing figures.

Back in the day, a league was won with pure grit and determination. 10's were celebrated (not me) like a moon landing.  People still don't think it really happened.  Team didn't even have badges ffs.

There wasn't a single 10 that week, what a time to be alive.

I'm happy with the lower to mid table finish, it's all about consolidation in the first season. One game at a time, give it 137% and then I get back to training and what will be will be next season. 
Bugger. I was just waiting on "We go again" for a full house on my cliche bingo card.

It's show time.....

This weeks casting members were;

@blackislekillie Methil 22768

v @NJ2 Methil has about 10,000 folk I think. Lovely place, providing you don’t spend any time there or meet any of those hauling from there.

@blackislekillie is probably more accurate with all the unregistered births, however we must take the official line, meaning @NJ2is  like a Baby in Toyland and fines himself promoted. Congratulations., 

Golden Globe Play Off

@Helpma 23.Short and to the point this week!

v @Moomintroll 97

X Rated Play Off

@wastecoatwilly Fecking love laurel and hardy no sure if that includes the tv series classic films got to be high number hmm 92 films

v  @blackislekillie L and H 25

Congratulation @Moomintroll, who will be conducting his Big Business in the top league. @Helpma, will need a hard drink, best to get Blotto and forget all about it.  Also @wastecoatwilly, survives and in clearly Darn Tootin with his win. 2 chances for @blackislekillie, both were Nothing but Trouble.

That's All Folks

Have a good one!!