The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

2 hours ago, eckthearab said:

Right folks time for some cup scores. Lots to get through and in true BBC fashion I'll try and get through them sharpish.

First the 2 three way ties.

Welshbairn V Eckthearab v Bigbo10
Bigbo10 struggled. Bit in the first half while welshie and Eck whilst taking a lead couldn't be separated. Second half again tight with welshie and Eck again tied score wise but Bigbo10 struck late on to even it up. All three players going into a tie break with totals of 9/14.

Tynieness v Peasy23 V Ross
A very even first half with all teams scoring well though despite strong 5's from tynie and Ross, peasy managed to sneak a half time lead. Ross fell away in the second half and peasy and tynie battled it out but again despite a strong 5 from tynie, peasy got the last point to take the tie.

DeeJ V The_Kincardine
Cracking match up here with solid scoring throughout. DeeJ nicking ahead at half time. Kincy cam out strong second half and despite a more than respectable 5 from DeeJ, Kincy stole it with a perfect 7.

Pleslie V Eednud
Pleslie with a solid performance but was always going to find it hard against the experience of Eednud. Solid enough scoring from Pleslie with a 4+5 over the 2 halves but excellent scoring from Eednud who took it with 6's in both halves

Deeman V Cowden0
Another close tie. Nothing to separate the sides in the first half, all square at the break. Second continued in the same vain though just when it looked like going to a tie break Cowden0 nipped in with a beautiful diving header at the back post to seal his place in the last 16.

Scotfree V LiviLion
Absolutely nothing in this tie also, all square at half time and all square at the end. Tie break beckons.

Bullyweevilla V AlanG
Another match with 2 well matched sides. AlanG with the upper hand at the half. BWV came out strong in the second but despite winning the second half he still managed to lose by a point.

Arabdownunder V Whiterosekillie
The Arab held on to be behind by the single point at half time. But as per usual WRK put his foot down second half and struck with a perfect 7 to ease through.

Supermik v Dieharddoonhamer
A match with very few points but plenty of tension. A 3-3 draw at half time. Second half continued close but Diehard managed to nick it at the end by a single point.

Audaces Fortuna Juvat V LeedsSaint
Another match with very little in it. LeedsSaint taking it by a point in the first half. Close again second half but LeedsSaint doing enough to get through.

SlipperyP V FrankieS
First half the teams were split by a single point with the advantage going to Frankie. Slippery breathing out his ass second half and Frankie extended his lead to make the last 16.

WillieA v Jacksgranda
As close as you could hope first half with a 5-5 score. Jacksgranda fought bravely but couldn't hang in there losing it by 2 points in the end.

Classified results-
Welshbairn (5+4) 9 v Eckthearab (5+4) 9 v BigBo10 (3+6) 9. Tie break
Tynieness (5+5) 10 V Peasy23 (6+6) 12 v Ross (5+2) 7. Peasy wins
DeeJ (6+5) 11 V 12 (5+7) The_Kincardine Kincy wins
Pleslie (4+5) 9 v 12 (6+6) Eednud. Eednud wins
Deeman (4+4) 8 V 9 (5+4) Cowden0. Cowden0 wins
Scotfree (4+4) 8 V 8 (4+4) LiviLion. Tie break
Blackislekillie (4+4) 8 V 8 (4+4) Dee62. Tie break
Bullyweevilla (4+6) 10 V 11 (6+5) AlanG. AlanG wins
Arabdownunder (4+5) 9 v 12 (5+7) Whiterosekillie. WRK wins
Supermik (3+2) 5 V 6 (3+3) Dieharddoonhamer. Diehard wins
AFJ (4+6) 10 V 12 (5+7) LeedsSaint. LeedsSaint wins
SlipperyP (4+4) 8 V 11 (5+6) FrankieS. Frankie wins
WillieA (5+5) 10 V 8 (5+3) Jacksgranda. Willie wins.

Can you link me to the Cup Quiz, I would like to beat my Dee opponent 

Good morning folks. I know the final league placings haven't been posted yet but thought I'd do this now while I've got the chance.

Well, it's a new month, it's a Friday. And that can only mean one thing, yes it's the

DIDDLY DEE JAMJAR TROPHY time.
A weekend of one on one jousting to progress to the next round. Firstly a reminder of the ties

Welshbairn v Eckthearab v BigBo10
Tynieness vPeasy23 v Ross
Blackislekilie v Dee62
DeeJ v The_Kincardine
Pleslie v Eednud
Deeman v Cowden0
Scotfree v Livilion
Marr1 v Gman1985
Cardinal Richelieu v GKneil
Bullyweevilla v AlanG
Arabdownunder v Whiterosekillie
Jagfox v Swarley
Supermik v Dieharddoonhamer
Audaces Fortuna Juvat v LeedsSaint
SlipperyP v FrankieS
WillieA v Jacksgranda

In the 2 3-way ties only the winner will progress so they could be especially interesting. As per usual all scores to be PM'd to myself no later than 9am Monday morning. Any scores not received by this time will automatically grant a walkover for the opposing player. For the new players among us, please give separate scores for both quizzes please. For example, 4 for the first quiz, 5 for the second. Or even easier would be 4+5 [emoji23]
All the very best to all participants!!

http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-03-02
http://www.quizwise.com/general-knowledge-quiz/2017-03-01

ETA I will post my scores to the Cardinal

Morning folks. The rest of the cup score are in so here's the results.

Cardinal Richelieu v gkneil
A gut busting first half, both sides going at it hammer and tongs. Solid scoring though GK edged ahead at the half. Cardy was on a mission second half and took control amassing a 4 point lead by the end of the second half.
Cardinal Richelieu (4+5) 9 v 6 (5+1) gkneil

Marr1 v Gman1985
Scintillating stuff at the start of this match. Both sides going all out for a lead but neither could gain an advantage. Second half equally as tight though defences on top till GMan managed to nick a late winner.
Marr1 (5+2) 7 v 8 (5+3) Gman1985

That concludes the first round matches though 3 of them have been drawn and require a tie break question. These matches are
Welshbairn v Eckthearab v Bigbo10
Blackislekilie v Dee62
Scotfree v Livilion

The names already through are
Peasy23
The_Kincardine
Eednud
Cowden0
Gman1985
Cardinal Richelieu
AlanG
Whiterosekillie
Jagfox
Dieharddoonhamer
LeedsSaint
FrankieS
WillieA

As I am involved in a tie break would someone be kind enough to post a question today with answers to be submitted no later than 5pm tomorrow. The draw for the next round will take place on Wednesday night.