The role of the media in #indyref

Todders

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His reaction, if anything, was honest but I guess honesty doesn't get you anywhere in modern politics.

HIs reaction was emotionally honest, yes, but he needs to be more self aware and take a detached view of this. The vast majority of these debates, when held, have shown a swing to yes by the end of the debate, he was always going to be up against it here though and independence will be fought to the bitter end by those sections of of society who think they have too much to lose and those with an emotional attachment to the Union (the former in any case, will adapt to the new condition). Perthshire was a former Tory stronghold, and yes, as an independent academy it's going to have a far more homogenous student body than any state school. He didn't do himself any favours by playing the class card up so much, or by taking personal offence at the outcome.

Absolutely shocking. No attempt by the BBC to balance out audience participation. Really disappointing. Embarrassing by the BBC.

I don't think Wishart's role in this whole episode should be underplayed, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

Today's BBC/BT story seems to be 'We should all vote no because it could inconvenience BP slightly'.

Is that the same BP who have become one of the biggest companies in the world off the back of our oil ? Can't see that swaying many voters.

Correct. Wishart is a drama queen IMO. His attempts to make it the by all and end all here were cringeworthy, as was his attempts in Parliament to try and coax Cameron into a debate with Salmond. He came out of it looking like his toys were being thrown out of the pram.

What a total fud of himself Wishart made. Dear oh dear. Purple faced rage machine.

What a total fud of himself Wishart made. Dear oh dear. Purple faced rage machine.

He should have just kept his trap shut, he made a complete tool of himself. I don't think the Strathallan student exactly covered themselves in glory either.

He should have just kept his trap shut, he made a complete tool of himself. I don't think the Strathallan student exactly covered themselves in glory either.

It's like we were saying the other week when Hyslop covered herself in complete fail too - the SNP are very very light once you scrape the surface of the party.

To be fair to the Strathallan students they are basically a bunch of pre-shavers. I'm not sure they would be expected to be other than twats.

I did like this Godwin's Law entry from a Wishart supporter though - “If only there was a brainwashed political youth movement in recent European history with which to compare them.” Nice work you NCC moron.

It's like we were saying the other week when Hyslop covered herself in complete fail too - the SNP are very very light once you scrape the surface of the party.

To be fair to the Strathallan students they are basically a bunch of pre-shavers. I'm not sure they would be expected to be other than twats.

I did like this Godwin's Law entry from a Wishart supporter though - “If only there was a brainwashed political youth movement in recent European history with which to compare them.” Nice work you NCC moron.

That unfortunately, goes for the entirety of the Scottish and British political establishment.

Yeah, more than a couple of morons in the SNP but I don't think you could argue they are more 'heavyweight' than anybody else in Holyrood, not that that's any sort of achievement. Those who want a career in politics or have a desire to hold office will always go down to Westminster. There's obviously not another Salmond lying in wait but they have a few capable MPs and MSPs.

I'm pretty sure the school certainly wouldn't have expected them to be twats and would have expected better from the students. These schools hate nothing more than being in the papers for anything slightly untoward that might damage the school's image or reputation. People used to get in trouble at my school for taking their ties off on the bus home etc. The school would have expected them to rise above it and all that. A strong word from the headmaster and detentions all round for the offenders is my guess.

Yeah, more than a couple of morons in the SNP but I don't think you could argue they are more 'heavyweight' than anybody else in Holyrood, not that that's any sort of achievement.

Well, no. Scottish Labour are a total embarrassment of a party. Joanne Lamont is possibly the worst leader of any mainstream party in British political history.

I'm pretty sure the school certainly wouldn't have expected them to be twats and would have expected better from the students. These schools hate nothing more than being in the papers for anything slightly untoward that might damage the school's image or reputation. People used to get in trouble at my school for taking their ties off on the bus home etc. The school would have expected them to rise above it and all that. A strong word from the headmaster and detentions all round for the offenders is my guess.

I have a bit of respect for them to be honest, for taking Wishart on, after his disgraceful behaviour. Yeah, the more mature thing to do would have been to just point and laugh at him, but I can understand being that age and deciding to call him a total dick.

He continues to be utterly classless in the whole affair even now. I'd have thought someone would have had a word and told him he'd lost at the internet and should just shut the f**k up now.

Listen, guys. I'm an ex-Strathallan student and I've turned out alright. I think.

13th Best Poster In P&B History

24th Most Influential Poster in P&B History

Best St Johnstone Poster 2012 & 2013

P&B's Got Talent Winner

Don't know like....

Well, no. Scottish Labour are a total embarrassment of a party. Joanne Lamont is possibly the worst leader of any mainstream party in British political history.

Should have typed less 'heavyweight' than more. D'oh. You're point about Scottish Labour was the point I was trying to get at. Yes they're thin at the back, but Scottish Lab and others in Holyrood are like Kojak in comparison.

I haven't stumbled over 1 that is/was poorer,

Archived