Only An Excuse 2013 .... 14

Ned Nederlander

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, the general consensus is it was absoloute pish. I watched it and wasn't impressed, same old shite, was jokingly saying to my brother that we could have designed a funnier sketch involving lower league teams and their managers and players instead of the referendum pish and Chesney sketch's which was horifically cringeworthy.

Didn't enjoy it.

Too much political shite and not enough football. Can't believe there was nothing to do with Ally McCoist in it. :blink:

The blonde at the end was the highlight.

Was also amazed fat Sally wasn't involved other than the sky sports news themed sketch with headlines flashing Ally McCoist has left now Ally McCoist is staying ! Thought the Junkie ice bucket challenge was the best at the beginning with the electric tag.

Just got in and obviously missed it but if I am correct it featured both Frank MacAvennie & Alex Ferguson - two guys who have done absolutely f**k all this year - and it completely ignored Mr Ally McCoist !!??

That's fucking disgraceful !!

I know we've joked about it before but next year we need to submit stuff for the show 'cause those c'nts jumped the shark years ago !! It's clear the BBC will trot it out forever so we might as well make it worthwhile for them and the poor fuckers that tune in every year.

Div has to play all the parts obviously ... with help from Mr Brookmyre if available.

I thought it was a bit better than the last one I watched. Enjoyed a couple of the gags, and thought the stewarding one was pretty spot on.

What the hell was that Packie Bonner sketch all about though? Really didn't get that at all. Far too many Frankie sketches as well, get them gone FFS.

90% of it was to do with the referendum. Thought it was meant to be a comedy show about Scottish football. Did Celtic even get a mention apart from the Dundee Derby sketch?

Agreed- poorer fare than usual, although I could easily watch half an hour of his Johann Lamont impersonation.

(I almost worded that: "I could easily watch half an hour of him doing Johann Lamont" - that wouldn't be true.)

Jesus that was torcher to watch didn't even raise a smile off of me.

Had a thought while watching it though, who the hell do they get in for the audience for the live show to do the laughter? They must of been watching something different from me probably stuck an episode of Still Game on.

Archived