George Galloway

Barrfields_Largs

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many folk admired Galloway's total destruction of US hubris when he appeared at the Senate enquiry. He was also admired for his long standing support for the Palestinian cause. Personally I still appreciate what he did on both these areas.

Utter Nonsense.

The only 'cause' Galloway supports is himself. I doubt he's actually done much of note to help the people of Palestine, much like those in this country try to simplify a horrendously complex and long standing conflict to slogans and placards. He also has no qualms about indulging in anti semitic and bigoted language when necessary to boost his profile.

The man's a charlatan, who relies soley on promoting division and discord to maintain his status, more fool for being sucked in because he championed a few of your 'causes'.

Utter Nonsense.

The only 'cause' Galloway supports is himself. I doubt he's actually done much of note to help the people of Palestine, much like those in this country try to simplify a horrendously complex and long standing conflict to slogans and placards. He also has no qualms about indulging in anti semitic and bigoted language when necessary to boost his profile.

The man's a charlatan, who relies soley on promoting division and discord to maintain his status, more fool for being sucked in because he championed a few of your 'causes'.

:lol: you're incredibly immature.

Many, many folk applauded Galloway following the senate hearings. He also raised awareness of Palestine when many others didn't want to know.

I reckon, like Jim Murphy, you're a desperate Zionist.

Got to agree with the "Galloway is only in this for himself" crowd here. He's not even a Sheridan-esque revolutionary who got distracted by the fame and power: he's been a shameless narcissist for decades. He'd throw Palestinian activists with far cleaner hands than himself under a bus if it got him on telly for ten minutes.

Got to agree with the "Galloway is only in this for himself" crowd here. He's not even a Sheridan-esque revolutionary who got distracted by the fame and power: he's been a shameless narcissist for decades. He'd throw Palestinian activists with far cleaner hands than himself under a bus if it got him on telly for ten minutes.

You are most unwise to accuse me of that.Most unwise Sir....etc etc.

Many, many folk applauded Galloway following the senate hearings. He also raised awareness of Palestine when many others didn't want to know.

I think you have to allow for a generational difference in view here, GD. Galloway could easily have been an outstanding politician and did indeed stand up for principle on numerous occasions. Unfortunately, he seemed to start to believe his own press and started down the slippery slope to the caricature we have today. It's been sad to see, as I can respect any man who has the balls to stand and deliver truth in the face of superior power, as he did before the Senate. I cannot respect a man who espouses controversial, and in some cases deliberately offensive, opinions, solely in order to maintain a media profile.

I think you have to allow for a generational difference in view here, GD. Galloway could easily have been an outstanding politician and did indeed stand up for principle on numerous occasions. Unfortunately, he seemed to start to believe his own press and started down the slippery slope to the caricature we have today. It's been sad to see, as I can respect any man who has the balls to stand and deliver truth in the face of superior power, as he did before the Senate. I cannot respect a man who espouses controversial, and in some cases deliberately offensive, opinions, solely in order to maintain a media profile.

There was an implication that my last post about Galloway was in some way supportive of him. I'd ask you to read it and tell me if you think that's true.

You could then look at any of my other posts about him on this thread and address the same question.

There was an implication that my last post about Galloway was in some way supportive of him. I'd ask you to read it and tell me if you think that's true.

You could then look at any of my other posts about him on this thread and address the same question.

Not implying support of him in any way, GD. Simply pointing out that those of us who are closer to the Nursing Home than the Daycare centre have seen more of Galloway than the all-out media whore of recent times. If anything, I would say there was more of an acknowledgment of my being taken in by a plausible actor...

In what way does he come across like a Zionist? What a bizarre charge.

In what way does he come across like a Zionist? What a bizarre charge.

He's a member of the Henry Jackson Society, a neocon pro Israel group and a former chair of Labour Friends of Israel. I think he would say he was proud to be a Zionist.

https://commonspace.scot/articles/694/i-will-always-support-israel-jim-murphy-delivers-address-to-glasgow-s-jewish-community

He's a member of the Henry Jackson Society, a neocon pro Israel group and a former chair of Labour Friends of Israel. I think he would say he was proud to be a Zionist.

https://commonspace.scot/articles/694/i-will-always-support-israel-jim-murphy-delivers-address-to-glasgow-s-jewish-community

Wasn't talking about Murphy, m9.

Murphy's oneupmanship again! Mr forked-tongue. I was there!

"I was there last year, standing on the Golan Heights, watching the civil war in Syria almost at my feet. I will always support Israel - long after my political career is over."

Wasn't talking about Murphy, m9.

My comments about the AberdeenBud guy relate to more than that one post; it relates to many of my posts that he's responded to. He takes the standard Zionist line that any criticism of Israel is anti Semitic rather than anti Zionist.

If you want to look back any of these exchanges you're welcome to do so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived