Elgin City Manager departs

http://elgincity.co.uk/?p=1381

He certainly is. Good appointment i reckon. Knows the players well and how the club is run. Also think the majority of supporters will welcone his appointment. Surely his first objective should be to try and salvage something from the remaining games. Be interesting to see if he can get anyone in before the window closes, a defender or two would be ideal!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wit's the best rugby team to follow?

All things considered I have to put my personal dislike for Wilson to one side and hope that he can build upon the support he's been given by seemingly everyone bar me! We need to steady the ship, now, and move forward next season. Good luck Barry.

Saw in the paper he was hoping to put together a more local team, while this is a good idea he may find like ourselves it seems to have got much harder to compete with HFL clubs for the better players in the area. At least two of their better players left for the HFL this season.

Wit's the best rugby team to follow?

All things considered I have to put my personal dislike for Wilson to one side and hope that he can build upon the support he's been given by seemingly everyone bar me! We need to steady the ship, now, and move forward next season. Good luck Barry.

Out of curiosity, what's your problem with Wilson?

• 9 months later...

Maybe that explains Speirs' presence at the Clyde v Elgin game last month. Clyde or Elgin, Clyde or Elgin he thinks.

Clyde beat Elgin so there was only one job on the line for the next wee while. If he holds on though...

Spiers lives in Cumbernauld I'm sure, that'd be some ask for him travel to and from Elgin a couple of times a week unless they were paying him a fortune.

Or do Elgin do what the likes of Queen of the South and Stranraer (I think) do and train a bit more central to attract more central based players?

Spiers lives in Cumbernauld I'm sure, that'd be some ask for him travel to and from Elgin a couple of times a week unless they were paying him a fortune.

Or do Elgin do what the likes of Queen of the South and Stranraer (I think) do and train a bit more central to attract more central based players?

He managed Ross County for a while, so he's been up in that neck of the woods before. I don't think he'd be a particularly good appointment anyway. He's not good at getting the best out of players and I really can't see him being the sort of guy who could get results out of a confidence that he was either low on confidence or quality.

He managed Ross County for a while, so he's been up in that neck of the woods before. I don't think he'd be a particularly good appointment anyway. He's not good at getting the best out of players and I really can't see him being the sort of guy who could get results out of a confidence that he was either low on confidence or quality.

f**k up.

Archived