The Office (US)

Mr. Brightside

8 hours ago, Sigma said:

I just finished watching this for the first time. I have watched UK version countless times, and I have always found it to be one of greatest comedies out there. I am surprised to say that both versions are neck and neck for me. I was expecting to like the US version, but not love it as much as I did.

Seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5 are incredible TV. I noticed that the quality started to dip once it got to season 6, but there were still a handful of memorable episodes in there.

I was expecting to get bored and dislike season 8 and 9 without Michael being there, but I still got some enjoyment out of both seasons. I would even say that my least favourite season is passable and worth watching.

Here is how I would rank each season

1. S2
2. S5
3. S3
4. S4
5. S7
6. S9
7. S6
8. S8
9. S1

I'm watching it through again now and am in the middle of season 2. I'm watching the extended versions which are really interesting. They do change the tone of a lot of things. 

I started re-watching it recently, didnt think I would enjoy it so much 2nd time around but I have so far. I thought I had seen all episodes too but I dont remember the christmas episode just after the 2 offices merge. It was a brilliant christmas episode

Edited by BigDoddyKane

On 03/02/2022 at 16:42, DiegoDiego said:

I'm rewatching it at the moment. Creed is a very underrated character.

Creed singing that song really well at the christmas party is a great moment, it was only watching the show again that I noticed it and looked it up and realised he was in a band and that his character was fictionalised version of himself.

I cant find the clip from the show though

Edited by BigDoddyKane

• 1 month later...
On 11/10/2022 at 00:51, Sigma said:

I just finished watching this for the first time. I have watched UK version countless times, and I have always found it to be one of greatest comedies out there. I am surprised to say that both versions are neck and neck for me. I was expecting to like the US version, but not love it as much as I did.

Seasons 2, 3, 4, and 5 are incredible TV. I noticed that the quality started to dip once it got to season 6, but there were still a handful of memorable episodes in there.

I was expecting to get bored and dislike season 8 and 9 without Michael being there, but I still got some enjoyment out of both seasons. I would even say that my least favourite season is passable and worth watching.

Here is how I would rank each season

1. S2
2. S5
3. S3
4. S4
5. S7
6. S9
7. S6
8. S8
9. S1

I love it when folk love the US office.

So many folk have sneered at the thought the US Office could be enjoyable only to find it's amazing.

Edited by Busta Nut

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

So many folk have sneered at the though the US Office could be enjoyable only to find it's amazing.

I really didn't think I would like it. It is absolutely fucking genius.

So many folk have sneered at the thought the US Office could be enjoyable only to find it's amazing.

My problem initially was that I didn't think it would be good because Yanks don't really get the kind of humour the original was. After watching the first episode it confirmed what I thought; it was awful.

Thankfully it went it's own way and is just a fantastic show. Probably in my Top 5 tbh.

• 4 weeks later...

Any lovers of this, need to get on YouTube and catch each Series set of outtakes. There's some belters in there.

The one with Kevin sitting on Michael's lap at the Xmas party and the amount of takes they had to do had me howling. Ed Helms in the background can't even show his face in shot for most of it.

Even the final version, they've had to just go 'f**k it' and go with the one they are laughing the least.

On 10/12/2022 at 11:50, FairWeatherFan said:

Anyone using UK Netflix to binge/rewatch had better get their skates on. Due to depart at the end of the year with Peacock up and running over here.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Any lovers of this, need to get on YouTube and catch each Series set of outtakes. There's some belters in there.

The one with Kevin sitting on Michael's lap at the Xmas party and the amount of takes they had to do had me howling. Ed Helms in the background can't even show his face in shot for most of it.

Even the final version, they've had to just go 'f**k it' and go with the one they are laughing the least.

For me one of the funniest scenes in the show (and there were fucking hundreds) was the one where Dwight had attacked the mannequin in the first aid course and put it's face on as a mask. When he turns round and does the Hannibal Lecter sucking through teeth and says "CLARICE" I nearly fucking wet myself. In fact I'm in fits just thinking about it now.

Absolutely brilliant show. Could watch it over and over.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

For me one of the funniest scenes in the show (and there were fucking hundreds) was the one where Dwight had attacked the mannequin in the first aid course and put it's face on as a mask. When he turns round and does the Hannibal Lecter sucking through teeth and says "CLARICE" I nearly fucking wet myself. In fact I'm in fits just thinking about it now.

Have you seen the extended episodes? 

48 minutes ago, Rugster said:

No just the standard ones on Netflix - where would I be able to see the extended ones?

They're on peacocks, so maybe they'll be available over here when it launches. Otherwise, you'd have to download them from less reputable sources. 

They could be on the dvd releases, I've never checked 

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

Watching it again on YouTube and the tears are actually blinding me.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cd02ff268ec054454e2ee4e6bfbef015.png

Absolute perfection. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m watching the later Robert California episodes.

Robert: Apparently, I left a phone message for Nellie last night, and I need you to find out what I said.  
Pam: Um, I am a little busy.  
Robert: Yes, ‘course. Why don’t you list the things that would keep you from helping me.  
Pam: Yeah, I can make you a list.  
Robert: Let’s do it now. What’s number one?  
Pam: Why don’t I help you now?  
Robert: There we go.  
Pam: Okay. 

• 3 weeks later...