What's the worst thing you've seen posted on here?

A half decent bar that is open regularly would help. I'd spend less in the Lovat and stop smuggling in cans for a start. Probably fund the rest of what i required. I think a lot of the work that is being done is being done by people at the college who pretty much get to practice what they are learning while they study whatever construction related qualification they are doing there. Can't really complain if they are taking their time over it when they are doing it for nothing.

The bar is open every time I'm there for a Whe Ho game, though I'm almost certain it's not supposed to be...

I usually take a hip flask to keep me warm in the shed.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A half decent bar that is open regularly would help. I'd spend less in the Lovat and stop smuggling in cans for a start. Probably fund the rest of what i required. I think a lot of the work that is being done is being done by people at the college who pretty much get to practice what they are learning while they study whatever construction related qualification they are doing there. Can't really complain if they are taking their time over it when they are doing it for nothing.

That's the crux of the matter for a lot of junior clubs. Look at the troubles Pollok have had since selling that social club. Didn't we draw 3-3 at Holm last season? IIRC that was a half decent game.

The bar is open every time I'm there for a Whe Ho game, though I'm almost certain it's not supposed to be...

I usually take a hip flask to keep me warm in the shed.

I'll pass comment on that. It would undoubtedly wind up reported back to someone if I did make my feelings clear.

That's the crux of the matter for a lot of junior clubs. Look at the troubles Pollok have had since selling that social club. Didn't we draw 3-3 at Holm last season? IIRC that was a half decent game.

Looking at the club website, you pumped us 3-0 at Holm Park. I'll take the 3-3 draw though.

The wee club at Pollok was excellent for a day out. Helped that our record there is fairly tremendous. I have vague memories of a couple of cup final wins, as well as our 5-4 win in our first season in the top division. Spent a fortune every time. I think outside the football they struggled to attract anyone, which is understandable given the area and the number of pubs nearby. Always felt they could and should have done more with it.

Looking at the club website, you pumped us 3-0 at Holm Park. I'll take the 3-3 draw though.

The wee club at Pollok was excellent for a day out. Helped that our record there is fairly tremendous. I have vague memories of a couple of cup final wins, as well as our 5-4 win in our first season in the top division. Spent a fortune every time. I think outside the football they struggled to attract anyone, which is understandable given the area and the number of pubs nearby. Always felt they could and should have done more with it.

3-0? Crikey, my memory....

We beat Pollok at Newlandsfield 2-0 first game of this season. My favourite day out there was the West of Scotland cup final. Until about five minutes in when Talbot scored, obviously. Recently went for a bite to eat and drinks in the area on the way to a gig and you're right, there are a lot of really decent pubs there. The advantage they have is they could have made it a private members club and as such that bit cheaper, then add bingo/quiz nights and it's certainly big enough for functions. We've only got a small lounge at Portland Park but it's seen pop up restaurant nights, gigs, comedy nights and even a sportmans dinner. This is all down to an excellent committee right enough, the work they do is tremendous.

Maryhill's social club is the model for me. Other clubs should look on enviously at what they have. Their ground also is very good too.

I've always thought that Maryhill must be horrible to play at. The wall going right round the park must put a few folk off hitting top speed. Great set up for fans though.

I've always thought that Maryhill must be horrible to play at. The wall going right round the park must put a few folk off hitting top speed. Great set up for fans though.

I couldn't give a smelly shite what the players like. Great place to watch a match.

I couldn't give a smelly shite what the players like. Great place to watch a match.

Unless you meet them at the bar later and react like a school girl with a crush and need to know what they want to drink.

Or was that Monster?

Unless you meet them at the bar later and react like a school girl with a crush and need to know what they want to drink.

Or was that Monster?

:lol:

Guilty. In my defence I did hug and soothe a crying player after we lost to Hurlford in the Ardagh League Cup earlier this season. 

I'm built for cuddles.  :wub:

Okay, help me out here -  Clydebank are in the Superleague but Maryhill are in the Central First. How was this decided? 

Well Clydebank got to the Superleague First Division by being relegated from the top tier and Maryhill got to the Central First by being relegated from the Superleague First. HTH.

Okay, help me out here -  Clydebank are in the Superleague but Maryhill are in the Central First. How was this decided? 

They do this thing where over a set time period, called a season, teams will play each other and be rewarded points based on the outcome of that match. At the end of the season, teams are then moved up or down to an easier or more difficult level according to the points picked up.

Or was that Monster?

Junior players are the exception to my gushing. League Two or higher for me to gush.

Well Clydebank got to the Superleague First Division by being relegated from the top tier and Maryhill got to the Central First by being relegated from the Superleague First. HTH.

They do this thing where over a set time period, called a season, teams will play each other and be rewarded points based on the outcome of that match. At the end of the season, teams are then moved up or down to an easier or more difficult level according to the points picked up.

Okay, I asked for that. c***s. 

Geography, chaps. How are Clydebank (and for that matter Bellshill) in with the Ayrshire clubs and Maryhill in with the Central clubs?

Geography, chaps. How are Clydebank (and for that matter Bellshill) in with the Ayrshire clubs and Maryhill in with the Central clubs?

The Central and Ayrshire districts merged in 2002 to form the West region. The top two divisions are mixed, and below that it remains regional. It's about the only sensible thing the juniors have done in a long time.

Eh? They're in the West Superleague First Division, not the Ayrshire League. The Central League is the league below the Superleague Premier and Superleague First, so they're where they're supposed to be. If there is a number of Ayrshire teams in the Super Premier or Super First then it's because they were promoted from the Ayrshire District League.

Pete's on fire these days.  Spot on. 

And all those moaning about the junior forum, you know a sneaky perusal of it is a guilty pleasure for you.

I've been putting the cream on it, but it's still itching like f**k.

Archived