The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

On 16/03/2017 at 21:07, RR #1 said:

Thanks for the link very interesting. The proposed new stadium looks cracking but knowing Italian football it will likely never happen and they will play in the car park for the forseeable.  In the last 25 years I think just about every club in Italy has stated intentions to build new stadia and other than Juve nothing ever seems to come of it. 

Also Udinese a couple of years back turned their stadium from this

Stadio-Friuli.jpg

to this

328E596900000578-0-image-a-1_14589236764

Roma now actually have planning permission as well for their ground plus have owners that will commit to the stadium. I think the success of Juve's ground and the economic situation in italian football makes it essential to have grounds to maximise income and atmosphere. The standard issues of italy (corruption, red tape, money) holds them back but there is more of a sense of urgency than in the past especially as a lot of the Italia 90 stadiums are very very dated.

What happens if they play more than 8 home games in FA Cup, League Cup and CL/EL?

From what I have read they can play as many games as they want with the top tier closed. But only the 27 with the top tier open

9 hours ago, ajwffc said:

From what I have read they can play as many games as they want with the top tier closed. But only the 27 with the top tier open

Is there any reason for the capacity restriction?

Is there any reason for the capacity restriction?

They can potentially use the general Wembley events licence for any overspill. Provided Wembley has space for that event within its own limit.

All games should then be played with the 90k capacity.

Some councillors had pushed for the capacity to be restricted to the 61k capacity of the new White Hart Lane to ease the impact on local residents. Seems to be going down badly in the local community.

In the event that they cannot get a licence for a 90k game there is unlimited number of events which can use the 50k lowrer tier licence.

Looks like Everton are finally about to confirm something solid with regards to a new stadium. Be interesting to see what they are planning.
ETA:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-39356244

I'd certainly miss Goodison, but if they get a ground where you can actually see the game, then there's no complaints. As someone else pointed out, parking is fucking shambolic too. When my dad and I went for the Man City game in January we ended up having to take a parking ticket due to the lack of parking, despite getting there half an hour early. Rail links are pish too, but getting off at Lime Street does leave you with a few good pubs and restaurants in the centre.

1 hour ago, Le Tout P'ti FC said:

They can potentially use the general Wembley events licence for any overspill. Provided Wembley has space for that event within its own limit.

All games should then be played with the 90k capacity.

Some councillors had pushed for the capacity to be restricted to the 61k capacity of the new White Hart Lane to ease the impact on local residents. Seems to be going down badly in the local community.

In the event that they cannot get a licence for a 90k game there is unlimited number of events which can use the 50k lowrer tier licence.

I don't really get the 'impact on local residents' bit. I'd imagine you either bugger off for the day or don't leave home at all when there's an even on so does it really matter whether the area's clogged up with 60k or 90k people? It may extend the impact a bit pre and post event but the core upheaval's basically going to be the same. 'Great, it's only a 60,000 crowd today so I'll get to Tesco no problem'. It's a bit like people buying a house near an airport then complaining about the noise.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2017 at 07:04, 7-2 said:

I don't really get the 'impact on local residents' bit. I'd imagine you either bugger off for the day or don't leave home at all when there's an even on so does it really matter whether the area's clogged up with 60k or 90k people? It may extend the impact a bit pre and post event but the core upheaval's basically going to be the same. 'Great, it's only a 60,000 crowd today so I'll get to Tesco no problem'. It's a bit like people buying a house near an airport then complaining about the noise.

Morons moving in knowing fully well Wembley was already there and still complaining.

Somebody needs to tell them to piss off, and no one cares about their property value.

49 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Similar post to above here is the former home of Rushden and Diamonds( dead now) was used by Kettering town for a while afterwards.

Always the concern when sugar daddies get bored. Just as well Forest Green Rovers Stadium is biodegradable.  

The Rushden and Diamonds Phoenix team are actually doing quite well and are in the playoff spots in their first season in the northern league division one (8th tier)

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Marr1 said:

Where did Stoke get 35,000 fans from? 

Stoke were traditionally a decent sized Club. You could argue the same of Chelsea who were getting sub 20,000 at the Bridge 25 years ago.