The New Stadiums Thread

jamamafegan

Fair enough. I think they'd hoped that simply by signing up to the principle of the pyramid and perhaps using the grandfathered way Linlithgow have a licence in the Juniors they'd hoped to stay put. That was the impression I got anyway. They'll miss the derbies with Hill o Bath but then they did when they were in different divisions of the East Juniors anyway. I guess they'll be hoping that the clubs in the EoS will have bigger supports than those in the Junior superleague? A year or so down the line Cowdenbeath could be their local derby.

On 12/05/2017 at 12:53, HibeeJibee said:

East Junior leaders Kelty Hearts, who are moving to the EOS League next season, unveil plans for a grandstand at New Central Park. Similar to Annan's?

Already possess 3 covered terraces but presumably at least one would make way.

kelty_1.jpg

Took in an amateur cup final at Duns last week, the grandstand frame / roof are up, no seating deck yet, being used as terrace.

image.jpg

Have Duns applied to rejoin the EoSL ?

Also, has the redevelopment of Holm Park started yet as Clydebank plan to rejoin the Seniors at some stage in the future?

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

Have Duns applied to rejoin the EoSL ?

Also, has the redevelopment of Holm Park started yet as Clydebank plan to rejoin the Seniors at some stage in the future?

I don't think Duns have. I heard they are keen to give their young side another year in Border League B following their promotion. Off the park they are all geared up for it. 

Worth saying this stadium isn't new - it was their only notable existing stadium.

They've built-up the far side and carried the roof over. These shots from roughly same position.

Before:

khalifa%20international%20stadium%202-2.

After:

khalifa.jpg

Edited by HibeeJibee

Speaking of appalling human rights. The Luzhniki stadium in Moscow which will host the 2018 World Cup final and the Confederations Cup is basically finished it's redevelopment getting rid of the track mainly.

Before

81187119-1962759.jpg

After

34715993836_85d33d4e2b_o.jpg

Edited by Sloop John B

On 2017-5-18 at 20:14, Steve McQueen said:

1st stadium for Qatar world cup opens tomorrow. The Khalifa International Stadium.
7514034044c4a6da19de7daf466567db.jpg1fe1de00ce69c02820244a5679813dd2.jpg4f1d5b5d5922610394ae0d680f63bf06.jpg

I bet Mia is stoked to have a stadium named after her

On 2017-5-20 at 00:56, Sloop John B said:

Speaking of appalling human rights. The Luzhniki stadium in Moscow which will host the 2018 World Cup final and the Confederations Cup is basically finished it's redevelopment getting rid of the track mainly.

Before

81187119-1962759.jpg

After

34715993836_85d33d4e2b_o.jpg

What I'd give for something similar to happen to Hampden.

• 2 weeks later...